Elephant in the room

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys, I hope it's nowhere near close enough for referees to be a factor, but you KNOW from experience that ND gets intangible benefits.

Anyone think we'll see some extra special home cooking for the Irish?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Who does ND use for refs in their home games? I thought generally in inter-conference games the visiting team brought their own refs. And since ND isn't in a conference, they shouldn't have any bias from any particular conference (plus the conference ND most closely aligns with now is the ACC, so they would probably use our refs anyways).

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Skov has already alluded to the homecooking officiating at ND. I'm real glad we got him in our locker room and on our side of the field.
Skov sounds like my kind of guy. I bet he does something with that GT degree, too.

The refs will do what the refs will do. Neither you nor I nor CPJ can do squat about it now or at the game.

However, we might take heart in the character of this team. Remember, if you will, the Yellow Jackets who got a cartload of horse**** dumped on them by the officials at that place in Athens.

Remember the Smoov who picked up after a 14 point gift for the dwags, then thought he blew the game by fumbling, and then level headedly made his run to the sidelines.

Remember Butker. Remember the kick with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Remember the Pick from a D after the refs handed those people a blocked punt over the spine of our snapper.

This team is not moved by officiating horse****. Endeavor to be more like the Yellow Jackets.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Or what we dealt with on our home field against Duke. I will never forget that terrible refereeing.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Or what we dealt with on our home field against Duke. I will never forget that terrible refereeing.
How about the last time the Irish came to Bobby Dodd? That Wheeler hit on Brady Quinn was an absolutely horrible call. I wonder who the refs were that game?