Elephant in the room

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sure you get your own conference's refs when visiting ND. What I'm not sure about is whether that's beneficial for us.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
In Athens. If we can survive and play through this......

Forward progress not called (at least twice in the game) including some very long delays on the whistle.
JT touchdown missed, fumble and touchdown awarded the other way.
Roughing the center on field goal and P.A.T. not called.
The injury to Smelter caused by poor officiating.
Tackle of Tech defender in the open field on uga's fake field goal play.
Holding of Tech's defensive line on repeated plays (yes, happens in most games but add it to the list anyway).

These are just off the top of my head. What did I leave out?

gtg771r

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty sure you get your own conference's refs when visiting ND. What I'm not sure about is whether that's beneficial for us.

This past year we had SEC refs at UGA. In the past wasn't it the opposite? Play there get ACC refs, play here get SEC refs? Leads me to believe we may not get ACC refs Saturday.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This past year we had SEC refs at UGA. In the past wasn't it the opposite? Play there get ACC refs, play here get SEC refs? Leads me to believe we may not get ACC refs Saturday.

I think that georgie's just got its own thing with SEC refs at home. I think that I saw somewhere that ND always uses ACC refs at home, but I'm not 100% sure.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
In Athens. If we can survive and play through this......

Forward progress not called (at least twice in the game) including some very long delays on the whistle.
JT touchdown missed, fumble and touchdown awarded the other way.
Roughing the center on field goal and P.A.T. not called.
The injury to Smelter caused by poor officiating.
Tackle of Tech defender in the open field on uga's fake field goal play.
Holding of Tech's defensive line on repeated plays (yes, happens in most games but add it to the list anyway).

These are just off the top of my head. What did I leave out?
smelter's leg was hurt before the second "tackle." he said so himself.

otherwise, good list and you could possibly add that, had it been done by someone like Tom Brady, JT's second fumble would have probably been ruled an incomplete pass.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
smelter's leg was hurt before the second "tackle." he said so himself.

otherwise, good list and you could possibly add that, had it been done by someone like Tom Brady, JT's second fumble would have probably been ruled an incomplete pass.
Thanks. Forgot about the incomplete pass ruled a fumble and did not know about the Smelter injury. I can't imagine that the second yank on his leg helped any. Better officiating might have prevented further damage.

JacketintheBend

Georgia Tech Fan
Guys, I hope it's nowhere near close enough for referees to be a factor, but you KNOW from experience that ND gets intangible benefits.

Anyone think we'll see some extra special home cooking for the Irish?

Paranoid about having ACC refs on field and upstairs @ND
Skov story stinks too. PAC 12 refs every time the Stanfux play @ND
Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story though.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is the 3rd season that the home team provides the refs in ooc games. That being said, ND uses ACC refs at home. Also, I would be surprised if we don't get a crew that acts as if they're calling a Rose Bowl game.