East Stands were embarrasing

3Bees

Georgia Tech Fan
The East stands were 95% Clemson fans. A complete embarrassment. Attendance has been a problem since 2008 with the recession and with changing from points to a donation system on tickets in my opinion. Even in our best years with Johnson the attendance has been disappointing.

There is zero vibe or buzz on campus or in the stands on game days. To me filling the stadium is job 1 for Todd. We can have a beautiful AA building but if the stands are empty who cares.

I know it is a chicken or egg problem and the hope is that new building will bring in better recruits but I fear the stadium will be empty by the time a new building is impactful.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Have season ticks
Did not go and Did not sell. Preferred to stay in my AC home and watch the Braves clinch and have the option to turn the Tech game off.

Change coaches. Otherwise expect to have more crappy fans like me than blindly dedicated ones like you.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I've said it before, it would be nice if we were like Clemson or UGA and always fill the stadium even on bad years, but football is such a low priority for so many students and alumni, tack on our crappy season so far. I don't know how you change that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have season ticks
Did not go and Did not sell. Preferred to stay in my AC home and watch the Braves clinch and have the option to turn the Tech game off.

Change coaches. Otherwise expect to have more crappy fans like me than blindly dedicated ones like you.

At least you purchased season tickets. Hope you can enjoy next week.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
At least you purchased season tickets. Hope you can enjoy next week.
I purchased season tickets because I believe(d?) in Todd’s vision for Tech football. I still believe in his global vision but I’m not going to subject myself to 90 degree heat with my 3 year old daughter and wife while a babysitter is watching my baby at home. It’s a big effort for no reward. I am extremely emotionally attached to my sports teams. For my personality it’s better to take a step back. I love Georgia Tech. I love Tech football and basketball. My mood generally waxes and wanes with football — although not at all after USF.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Student sections were pretty good. All you fans who didn't show & sold your tickets to Clemson fans are just embarrassing,especially those east stands. Makes quite the bad impression on prospective recruits. That kind of showing will definitely not help bring recruits in.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
There is one thing that will create a “buzz” with a fan base and that is recruiting. When was the last time we landed a recruit that created true excitement, much less a class. As much as Georgia wins, when you talk to their fans what they talk about most is their latest Johnny 5 star they’ve landed. Whether this staff can crank up our recruiting or not I don’t know. Facilities matter and Stansburry is addressing that. But I think the recruiting budget has to be jacked way up. There’s a talent gap here folks. We need some playmakers.

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
Specifically, what does that mean?

He probably means that the culture of the school needs to change in order for us to be competitive in today’s college football world. It’s not a priority for us to be good and it needs to be one in order to be successful at it. We few fans may want it to be good, but the culture of the school as a whole does not value it.

But my assumption of his original assertion is mere speculation. The fact that everyone around me this afternoon who are normally “Tech” fans but instead today strangely donned orange may be affecting my judgment. Perhaps the athletics at Tech will improve when the fans do.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
He probably means that the culture of the school needs to change in order for us to be competitive in today’s college football world. It’s not a priority for us to be good and it needs to be one in order to be successful at it. We few fans may want it to be good, but the culture of the school as a whole does not value it.

But my assumption of his original assertion is mere speculation. The fact that everyone around me this afternoon who are normally “Tech” fans but instead today strangely donned orange may be affecting my judgment. Perhaps the athletics at Tech will improve when the fans do.

I agree with everything you wrote with the exception of the last sentence. I cannot disagree anymore with this assertion. You cannot expect fans to show up week after week to support a poorly coached, unprepared, sloppy team. There is no question that“if you build it they will come” in my opinion. If BDS was 50k strong Tech fans today, does Tech walk out with a win? Did we lose USF and Pitt because of our fans? Pitt played in an empty nfl stadium and their performance didn’t seem to suffer. Miami doesn’t have a fan base outside of the Cuban cartel and they seem to do okay. So I disagree with you. Fans will come when there’s a reason to come. We’re nearly five years removed from the last time we were given a reason, and when the fans showed up the team laid a ****ing egg.

3Bees

Georgia Tech Fan
The upper east was at least 95% Clemson fans. The lower east was mostly Clemson fans on either side of the club section. In true club section tradition those who have tickets either stay under the stadium or don't show up cause there are a lot of empty seats there.

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with everything you wrote with the exception of the last sentence. I cannot disagree anymore with this assertion. You cannot expect fans to show up week after week to support a poorly coached, unprepared, sloppy team. There is no question that“if you build it they will come” in my opinion. If BDS was 50k strong Tech fans today, does Tech walk out with a win? Did we lose USF and Pitt because of our fans? Pitt played in an empty nfl stadium and their performance didn’t seem to suffer. Miami doesn’t have a fan base outside of the Cuban cartel and they seem to do okay. So I disagree with you. Fans will come when there’s a reason to come. We’re nearly five years removed from the last time we were given a reason, and when the fans showed up the team laid a ****ing egg.

I guess your seats were the 2 empty seats 2 rows down from me then. Glad to see you support these guys no matter what the temperature is.

I understand what you’re getting at but that’s a flawed logic. The problem with the teams you mentioned is that they could care less who they let in to play football. It’s also the reason why Tech fans are the worst and dumbest fans in the world. No other fan base in college football thinks like that. Win and then the fans will come???