Early line: Clemson by 29

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Gonna be tough to game plan against their D. We won't be able to run right at them out of the gun and they will be too quick to beat to the perimeter. I think we will need some roll outs passes. Something to keep the line backers honest.
UGA and Clemson both have defenses that are or should be, considered among the very best in college football.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we stay within that.... Here's why.... I Clemson is on a mission to build points back towards the playoffs.. Right now, games they are picked to win big, they will push to win big. Think of it this way... Clemson wins by 10 against us... While we (GT fans) are somewhat happy.... the reporters and such are writing things like "what's wrong with Clemson?". I think they are using the next few games to make a statement and all the teams, they play, are going to have the score ran up on them.
Clemson can be on any kind of mission they want but if there are 4 undefeated power 5 teams left standing they are out. That said, they are going to run the score up on us any way they can. Our men need to decide right now that they are not going to be anyone's punching bag. Let's go up there with the mindset of playing to win, and give them all they want. Pride and redemption should be powerful motivators for young men. Just do it.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Mindy is long gone. You mean Nicholas, I presume.

I like your scenario, but you are forgetting: Weather only affects us for some reason, not our opponents!
Sorry - Nicholas is correct. But any well timed steady rain would work. If both teams are one dimensional , our RB’s and an occasional well thrown ball to a slot receiver may help us keep it close. And JT seems to be just as accurate as Clemsons ukulele on the latter. I left the spelling correct version 😉

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
Huh. Pretty big spread.

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

(OK, the GIF is silly, but I think we’ll show up for this game)

we were 19 (i think) favorites to beat NIU so there is still a chance we can win this game

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
Huh. Pretty big spread.

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

(OK, the GIF is silly, but I think we’ll show up for this game)

We were 19 point favorites to beat NIU and we know how that went. So this tells me that we still have a chance to win this game based off that line

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If we score 20+ points on Saturday you guys are going to owe me an apology. I'm still waiting on apologies for going against the board and being correct about the NIU and KSU games.
Clemson has yet to give up a TD on defense this year and their opponents are averaging 4 yards per play. Scoring 20 will be a significant challenge. I'll gladly apologize if it happens.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
how about a quick kick?
In a certain spot, might be a good idea.
I was thinking of perhaps an onside kick somewhere along the line (assuming we kick off more than once). It's far more effective when the other side isn't expecting it.

Assuming that surprise onside kicks are as effective as they were between 2001 and 2010 as they are now, the stunt is successful 60% of the time.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
For whatever reason Dabo seems to have a stiffie for GT and CGC. It showed in the game last year and I’m guessing he will be looking to our game to show everyone the O is just fine. Nothing in the first two games gives me any indication that we will slow them down. 29 is a lot but seems right

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don't think Clemson offense is close to prolific has past few years. Don't get beat over the top and no big runs make them earn the yards to hold them below 40 and won turnover battle. Then on offense no doubt your gonna need one of the better games in past few years turned in by oline to compete on offense.

Best Case Scenario: Both teams score in low 30s roll dice and see if you can steal a huge upset late.
Expected outcome IMO: Clemson 42 - GT-20 (*Asterik for this is CGC doesn't have another coaching aneurysm again in front of us)

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think GT covers. Why? No analysis just years of watching the football gods do work. We can’t play any worse than we did week 1 and the programs dander is still up after that game. Clemson got punched in the mouth and they realize this a rebuild year because their offense is just not the same. I think it will return to putting up big numbers but right now the spotlight is on them and not in a positive way. I think we keep them honest.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Every one of us is talking about slowing the game down in order have a chance. Why do I feel like the coaching staff is not thinking that way?
Because the coaching staff did not do this last year and bingo 73-7. If their defense is that good, they will smother Tech's offensive line. Our defense will wind up playing 80% of the game. Last year we got to the point where we were struggling to make tackles in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
Who says Clemson is the weakest since 2014? You'd think Georgia blew them away rather than winning on a pick six. If I remember last year, and I try to forget, Swinney threw his entire travel team on the field beginning late in the first quarter. Is he supposed to put them out there and tell them not to tackle or score? That's on us.
I think it is on account of the fact that this is the first year since 2014 they haven’t had a proven quarterback—although now that I think of it Kelly Bryant wasn’t especially proven in 2017, so perhaps I am off by a few years. The point is, the perception is that they are weak relative to the seasons with Watson and Lawrence. And that they never scored a touchdown against Georgia somewhat justifies that perception. They are still a top 10 team who will likely have the game in hand by halftime.

Also, I realize they had a lot of their backups in last year, but I believe you can still run up the score whilst clearing the bench. Maybe I’m abusing the term “running up the score” here. By the way, this wasn’t a shot at Dabo; I don’t blame him for it. He wanted to send a message to Collins and, I agree, it is our job to stop the other team from scoring.

GTBlaze

Banned
I’m worried about our OLine getting manhandled. But just for the sake of me not getting banned again, I would like to say that Georgia Tech is the best team, best institute and has the absolute best head coach with amazing coaching staff in the in the entire world and universe combined.

Jmonty71

Banned
If it wasn't for Clemson having to start impressing the committee, I would say we stay within the 29 points. Since they probably feel like they have to start making style points, I think we are going to be on the bad end of a butt whooping.... It would not shock me to see a 40 point win, from them.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If it wasn't for Clemson having to start impressing the committee, I would say we stay within the 29 points. Since they probably feel like they have to start making style points, I think we are going to be on the bad end of a butt whooping.... It would not shock me to see a 40 point win, from them.
Wouldn't shock me a bit but I wouldn't bet on it either way. It also wouldn't shock me if we gave them a game. I still think this is a lot better team than in the past two years and Clemson is not quite as good. Our secret weapon is Jordan Yates.