Early line: Clemson by 29

slugboy

Staff member
Huh. Pretty big spread.

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

(OK, the GIF is silly, but I think we’ll show up for this game)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I've been really impressed with our offense through 2 games. I'm not saying we beat Clemson but +29 seems real friendly unless you think they are gonna score 60+ to be honest.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I've been really impressed with our offense through 2 games. I'm not saying we beat Clemson but +29 seems real friendly unless you think they are gonna score 60+ to be honest.
60+? That would mean we are scoring 30. That isn't going to happen. We will be lucky to break double digits. Its really a question of whether they can get to 40-45 which does seem questionable.

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
45-14 would have Clemson covering, which seems like a plausible score. But I hope you’re right. Perhaps if we can sustain some drives, work the clock, and get a few scores there wouldn’t be enough time for them to cover. I just don’t see it happening against their defense on the road.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I’m thinking 48-17. If we get a couple TOs it may be more like 38-24 but i dont think we can hang against their DL. And we ain’t out coaching them. Let’s be realistic. I’ll check back late next week.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think this one will be very difficult to watch. I'm actually glad I have a wedding i must attend.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Saturday will be a weird day for me. I have a wedding in a high Covid infection rate community on the same day I have a funeral for someone whose funeral was put off a year because of Covid. I will record the game and watch it later without knowing the score. I expect Tech to win and that the pundits will decide Clemson is in a rebuilding year. This will not impact how they view Georgia’s glorious victory over Clemson. At all.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Slow the tempo, use all 4 rb’s and try to run inside and outside and see if we can loosen them up and hit a couple quick passes. Going quick and going 3 and out, putting our D back on the field after being beat on possession after possession will absolutely not work!
We just need to hope for a turnover or two and the O Line improves drastically. The way KSU got to Yates so quickly is concerning.
No way I think we win but this isn’t close to the same Clemson as the past two years.
Hopefully the staff has the score and a rolling highlight tape of last years game all over the locker room and we come out swinging.
I’m not big on moral victories but keeping it around 21 or less would be a good sign of improvement.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Every one of us is talking about slowing the game down in order have a chance. Why do I feel like the coaching staff is not thinking that way?
Maybe it's just me but I hate to hear we need to slow the game down. There makes it sound like I know we can't win but if we slow down maybe we can keep them from winning by a big score. The the way you play best to start the game if that is fast pace so be it if that don't work than change up. If their offense is no better than I think they are maybe just maybe , But against that defense we will need to run more and keep our passing game to short passes so our QB can get the passes off.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There DL will likely stop the run. We weren't exactly tearing that up against KSU. We have to do some different things to have any chance or execute a whole lot better. I still have concerns that our secondary will get burned unless we can get pressure on the QB better than we have shown against good teams. Can Thacker disguise defensive coverages or stay vanilla and rely on athletic plays. We should have never given up 17 points on Saturday.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
There DL will likely stop the run. We weren't exactly tearing that up against KSU. We have to do some different things to have any chance or execute a whole lot better. I still have concerns that our secondary will get burned unless we can get pressure on the QB better than we have shown against good teams. Can Thacker disguise defensive coverages or stay vanilla and rely on athletic plays. We should have never given up 17 points on Saturday.
Maybe now is the time and game to play 2 running backs . run a few traps on passing downs keep one back to block and use the other as a check off for passing if that man is Gibbs they have to keep a man on him . But I do think they will have a spy on Gibbs.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this one will be very difficult to watch. I'm actually glad I have a wedding i must attend.
As a fan,, I want to be optimistic but keying on our Oline the first two games causes pause for our chances for success this season. We are not creating consistent push in the run game given the level of competition we've faced thus far. And our QB has had to pass from on the run over 50% of the time due to pressure. Credit to Yates for doing a great job handling all the pressure thus far.. Not encouraging Oline play now going into ACC play...the game is won or lost in the trenches...we need to see significant Oline improvement to put up more W"s...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Good reason to put Gibbs in the slot or motion him. could run reverses to him. He will get attention so force them to spy him. Dontae and Mason are capable backs. Get Gibbs the ball in space. He is a good receiver and can break a simple pass for big yardage.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
One kinds of has to hope Thanker was holding back on showing presser the first 2 games. I still don't see their offense being any better than avg right now. I think we will see better offensive teams this year. But now I don't think we will see a better defensive team ( I hope not ) After last year we can hope they are looking past us and getting ready for NC State. But really I don't see their DC looking past anyone ( The guy is a nut a true head case but a damn good DC )