Early BC spread

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan
I wrote in another thread that Castellano reminds me a lot of Justin Thomas. He does and I expect them to score somewhere around 28 - 31 points. Oth, Their D is … challenged. If we can score around 33 - 35 points then all will be well. But you never know with either outfit; expectations keep being under/over fulfilled in no predictable pattern.

It is true that his is the big one for either team getting to 6 wins and a shot at a bowl game. Hope it's Tech!

Update: Why doesn't Tech have a schedule remaining like BC does? Tech's AD has got to start scheduling to win!
I think J Batt is scheduling like this now, but OOC games are set years in advance, so it's going to take some time to work through the Ole Miss's of the world.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I wrote in another thread that Castellano reminds me a lot of Justin Thomas. He does and I expect them to score somewhere around 28 - 31 points. Oth, Their D is … challenged. If we can score around 33 - 35 points then all will be well. But you never know with either outfit; expectations keep being under/over fulfilled in no predictable pattern.

It is true that his is the big one for either team getting to 6 wins and a shot at a bowl game. Hope it's Tech!

Update: Why doesn't Tech have a schedule remaining like BC does? Tech's AD has got to start scheduling to win!

I think J Batt is scheduling like this now, but OOC games are set years in advance, so it's going to take some time to work through the Ole Miss's of the world.

BC's OOC schedule is a joke. Zero P5 teams. Had they not lost to Northern Illinois, they would only need to win 2 conference games to make a bowl.

I've been a proponent of a less challenging OOC schedule while we rebuild our program. I'd also like to see some leadership from the ACC to force all teams to have similar OOC schedule difficulty to ensure a more level paying field.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Thought I heard CBK in his presser talk something about aggressive defense and our working on that, I'm assuming in the off week, somewhere before the DC change he also said Sherrer had brought that new LB group of ours along really well in a short period, since we had not shown that I assumed it was taught but not used by previous DC, I may be out thinking myself on that last one with a wrong assumption, just wishful thinking. Will be watching these next couple games, hope to see something different than what we have been seeing. It could mean a lot towards our defensive recruiting the remainder of this class including portal. Some of you might want to listen to this weeks BC game presser and see if you picked up on any of what I thought I heard. I watched on YouTube.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
BC's OOC schedule is a joke. Zero P5 teams. Had they not lost to Northern Illinois, they would only need to win 2 conference games to make a bowl.

I've been a proponent of a less challenging OOC schedule while we rebuild our program. I'd also like to see some leadership from the ACC to force all teams to have similar OOC schedule difficulty to ensure a more level paying field.
Maybe they can schedule Bowling Green in the future. Lol. NIU should be be put on the "Do Not Schedule List". I would include Appalachian State as well but they are at least D1 now.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Maybe they can schedule Bowling Green in the future. Lol. NIU should be be put on the "Do Not Schedule List". I would include Appalachian State as well but they are at least D1 now.
Aren't all the teams you listed D1 (FBS)? Regardless, I'd like to see all of our ACC opponents have two quality P5 opponents in their OOC slate.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
That's been true for a long time imo but, over the last 6-8 years or so, we don't seem to fare well as underdogs either! ;) (Hope that this is changing!)
True unfortunately, but still.....

Realworld GIF by Paramount+

slugboy

Staff member
We do not do well when we are favored
It’s Tuesday. Maybe the line moves a lot before the weekend, and BC is favored.

FWIW,
  • Louisville was favored. They won, but did not cover. Did we do well?
  • We beat SCST. Not an official line, but we did not score as much as expected
  • Ole Miss won and covered
  • We beat Wake (and covered, since they were favored )
  • We lost to Bowling Green, but were favored. They might have covered our spread
  • We beat Miami straight up
I don’t know if being favored hurts, or if we’re just horribly inconsistent. Seems like the latter.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Aren't all the teams you listed D1 (FBS)? Regardless, I'd like to see all of our ACC opponents have two quality P5 opponents in their OOC slate.
You are probably correct. I was making light of the fact NIU beat us and now BC. App State has a habit of beating P5 teams. They took UNC to 2 OT's this year.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow

We paid the Citadel, NIU and Bowling Green about $2,500,000 to play us. Money well spent?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
We paid the Citadel, NIU and Bowling Green about $2,500,000 to play us. Money well spent?
Clearly, we wasted a lot of dough on guarantee games during the TFG era, but we wasted a lot more than that on coaching salaries!

I’d like to think that we may have gotten some value out of the BG loss by way of it being a wake-up call for the team and the catalyst for some coaching changes. Time will tell - let's see how the defense performs Saturday.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It’s Tuesday. Maybe the line moves a lot before the weekend, and BC is favored.

FWIW,
  • Louisville was favored. They won, but did not cover. Did we do well?
  • We beat SCST. Not an official line, but we did not score as much as expected
  • Ole Miss won and covered
  • We beat Wake (and covered, since they were favored )
  • We lost to Bowling Green, but were favored. They might have covered our spread
  • We beat Miami straight up
I don’t know if being favored hurts, or if we’re just horribly inconsistent. Seems like the latter.
We are consistently inconsistent.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I just want to see the same approach we took against Miami in D Philosophy. Attack you role, and trust the other 10 guys on D to do their job so you can execute your's.

It is like CBK last season, "The key to good defensive football is having 11 hateful guys going in the same direction as fast as they possibly can." Always liked that quote (hence the sig post)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I’d rather just schedule some low level ACC schools OOC or P5 nerd schools like Northwestern or Vandy than play a G5 school like NIU or BG- we have to pay them big bucks and then they come in here and beat our *** half the freaking time because we can’t take them seriously enough or whatever. Hopefully we could At least get up for duke, WF, BC, Uva etc and play like it means something.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I’d rather just schedule some low level ACC schools OOC or P5 nerd schools like Northwestern or Vandy than play a G5 school like NIU or BG- we have to pay them big bucks and then they come in here and beat our *** half the freaking time because we can’t take them seriously enough or whatever. Hopefully we could At least get up for duke, WF, BC, Uva etc and play like it means something.
I am all for scheduling academic schools ooc.
We should have rotating home and homes with vandy, northwestern, rutgers, (would have said cal and stanford but not sure how that works out) so basically our schedule should be
1 fcs 1 rotating academic peer 9 acc games and UGA. if we are still doing 8 acc games then 1 big name ooc besides uga as well preferably from the big 10, perhaps even a home and home with oregon given how many tech alum are in the pacific northwest.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Huge game for the Jackets for a multitude of reasons. Need to show they can come off a bye week and show some consistency. Need to get the win to keep bowl hopes within reach.
And if GT does come out victorious it would be the first time the Jackets would be in the month of October with a winning record since 2017
Why did you have to jinx us?