Early BC spread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think if we hadn't had the BG game, this would be the case. But with that experience in the recent past, I think the team comes to play hard Saturday.
I think a lot of folks are anxious to see which Jackets take the field this Saturday. We'd all like to see the team learn its lesson and get over the hump. This is a big game.
We should assume BC will bring its A-game, but win or lose, like you I think the Jackets come out and play hard. As for the spread, I'm not touching it.
On the one hand, it's a classic trap game. Tech's coming off a huge upset and have UNC on the horizon. On the other, the team hopefully wants to redeem itself after the BG loss. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I need therapy.
I take my couch with me everywhere, in case I need to talk about our team

Transporting A Couch With A Tiny Car GIF by ViralHog

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Thomas Castellanos IS the BC offense. Stop him and you win the game. He is their leading rusher with 500 yards on 98 attempts. Their top three running backs have 598 combined yards on 128 caries. I think you've got to take away their running game and force him to beat you through the air. Do that and I think we can win comfortably. If we let the RBs get loose or fail to contain him in the pocket then we could be in for a VERY long day...

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Huge game for the Jackets for a multitude of reasons. Need to show they can come off a bye week and show some consistency. Need to get the win to keep bowl hopes within reach.
And if GT does come out victorious it would be the first time the Jackets would be in the month of October with a winning record since 2017

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'll also add I will be paying close attention to TO's.
In GT's 2 FBS wins it has 3 TO vs the opponents 10 TO's.
In its 3 FBS losses it has 5 TO's vs 1 for the opponent.
Preach. It's a great rule of thumb in general, unless we are just completely overmatched.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Thomas Castellanos IS the BC offense. Stop him and you win the game. He is their leading rusher with 500 yards on 98 attempts. Their top three running backs have 598 combined yards on 128 caries. I think you've got to take away their running game and force him to beat you through the air. Do that and I think we can win comfortably. If we let the RBs get loose or fail to contain him in the pocket then we could be in for a VERY long day...
There's the argument for a third linebacker. Need to keep him contained. This is a game that should help determine the ability of our DC to take away the strength of our opponent.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how much it's mentioned, but BC QB Thomas Castellanos is from Waycross, GA (Ware County HS). It'll be a homecoming game for him. I'm sure the TV crew will mention it.

slugboy

Staff member
Not sure how much it's mentioned, but BC QB Thomas Castellanos is from Waycross, GA (Ware County HS). It'll be a homecoming game for him. I'm sure the TV crew will mention it.
if we get the good crew. Otherwise, it’s the historic matchup of the two non-military academies without “University” in our name for the entire game

I think a hybrid SS/LB would be better for containment. Need the speed.

If you have one player spying Castellanos, it’s a risk that player gets schemed out. If it’s an LB spy, the OC sets up Castellanos to outrun him. If it’s the Nickel, he tries to truck him.

I wonder about the 3-3-5 and playing “zone” against the QB, but that gives up a DLineman you need.

Sometimes, you will spy the QB and rotate who is the spy. Motion might reveal the spy

3-3-6 anyone?

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I just noticed we got the <insert expletive> six day option for the Tarholes game. Looks like TV networks also have no idea how this weekend turns out for us.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If we have a good tackler, put that player in at linebacker to stop Castellanos when he runs.