Dwags on Tuesday

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Memo to Pastner. Don't down play the importance of beating ugag EVER by telling the local rag it's just another game and then go out and get your *** handed to you on your home floor! Dumbass!!!!! If it's not more important to you than beating some **** school like Alcorn St. then you are at the wrong job. Go ahead and GTFO now! Save us the frustration of the next 3 years. You wont last any longer than that anyway with that kind of attitude.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't blame Pastner. We are offensively challenged to say the least. Also, our lack of size hurt us tonight and they got a ton of offensive rebounds. We are going to have more games like what you saw tonight. It will different next year and especially in year 3. Give it time.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Went to the game.....and I will start with my positive feedback:
- football team appearance, and seeing all the butt hurt dwags fans sit back with nothing to say
-Kam got engaged
-Okogie and Moore's aggressiveness
- Lammers has some beautiful passes and court vision
Negatives:
every single senior needs to get use to the padding of the bench. I thought I was watching a 8th grade womans basketball game with all the missed soft layups. Go up strong and either get fouled or dunk it in. And don't tell me they can't, I was watching Heyward throw alley oops to himself off the backboard in warm-ups. Stephens...oh my...i know he is "streak shooter" but he shot like a bench player on North Georgia tonight. Might as well put in the leader of hand claps and butt smacks, Rand Rowland in, no way he could be any worse. How do you play that many minutes and not score?? I give part of the blame to CJP for leaving him out there for so long when you could obviously see he had no confidence his shot tonight. Heath...same old bland and generic. Heyward played alright, but needs to take the open in rhythm 3's that are presented to him. Out of all the seniors he can still get a little time in the rotation if it was up to me. They are way too inconsistent to be the "old leader's" on the team. I hope they are done with them and go young. I would much rather see us get the ball and push it up the court and taking it to the rim or kicking to the open 3 then swing it around the perimiter with no threat of scoring(cough cough Heath, Heyward, Stephens). I know more turnovers will happen but that is the price you pay to play that way until you mature. We will prob win 2-3 ACC games and also get blown out by 20. So why not play the young guys and get them quality minutes? Is losing by 20 compared to 31 that big of a deal? The starters should be:
PG- Moore
SG- Tad
SF- Okogie
PF- Gueye
C- The Hammer
Sixth man- Matthews
B- Heyward
B- Sylvester
B- Rowland
B- Stephens for a few minutes to give Josh a break
No one else step on the floor unless it's a walk on.
I'm just glad that i go to a school with an exciting high flying basketball team to help get through this rough patch of GT basketball. I can't wait to see Jose, MJ, Zion, and Khavon on the floor together with the young pieces we have now!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'm not surprised that we lost but was surprised at the way we lost. UGA has more & better players than we do this year. They played well. Frazier and Maten played about like I expected. I was surprised by Ogbeide. Played a very strong game inside against Lammers. He's very good with help side D and made a big difference in denying us points in the paint.

Heath:4 points, 0 assists, 2 TO in 16 minutes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wait, did they actually put a flag up after the game? Awww, thas so sweet.

Is this the part where they pretend like this win is as big as 28-27? Are they avenged?

jacob

Banned
An
- football team appearance, and seeing all the butt hurt dwags fans sit back with nothing to say
-Kam got engaged
Negatives:
every single senior needs to get use to the padding of the bench. I thought I was watching a 8th grade womans basketball game with all the missed soft layups. Go up strong and either get fouled or dunk it in. And don't tell me they can't, I was watching Heyward throw alley oops to himself off the backboard in warm-ups. Stephens...oh my...i know he is "streak shooter" but he shot like a bench player on North Georgia tonight. Might as well put in the leader of hand claps and butt smacks, Rand Rowland in, no way he could be any worse. How do you play that many minutes and not score?? I give part of the blame to CJP for leaving him out there for so long when you could obviously see he had no confidence his shot tonight. Heath...same old bland and generic. Heyward played alright, but needs to take the open in rhythm 3's that are presented to him. Out of all the seniors he can still get a little time in the rotation if it was up to me. They are way too inconsistent to be the "old leader's" on the team. I hope they are done with them and go young. I would much rather see us get the ball and push it up the court and taking it to the rim or kicking to the open 3 then swing it around the perimiter with no threat of scoring(cough cough Heath, Heyward, Stephens). I know more turnovers will happen but that is the price you pay to play that way until you mature. We will prob win 2-3 ACC games and also get blown out by 20. So why not play the young guys and get them quality minutes? Is losing by 20 compared to 31 that big of a deal? The starters should be:
PG- Moore
SG- Tad
SF- Okogie
PF- Gueye
C- The Hammer
Sixth man- Matthews
B- Heyward
B- Sylvester
B- Rowland
I'm just glad that i go to a school with an exciting high flying basketball team to help get through this rough patch of GT basketball. I can't wait to see Jose, MJ, Zion, and Khavon on the floor together with the young pieces we have now!
another negative is the fact are fans let georgia fans chant in our own arena.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
image.jpg
An
another negative is the fact are fans let georgia fans chant in our own arena.
every time they tried to start the uga chant, GT fans made noise. The only time it continued was at the end of the game when the fans were leaving. Side note: I was shocked how many dwags fans there were. No one goes to their games at home and I don't blame them. I have played there and they have the worse lights I have ever seen. When you look up for a rebound they have bright football lights that screw you up. And as you can see in the pic, everyone is wearing sleeves bc they keep the arena colder than Stephens jumpshot tonight.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Missed layups & lack of flow from Q was frustrating, but expected to lose this one, given which team has better players right now. Would have been nice to not lose by so many, but it's a loss whether by 1 point of 17.

Right now, we're seeing a vision of a better offensive style, we've got a couple of bright spots in terms of players, and we've got a lot of kids left over from the prior regime that are busting their ***, but shouldn't be getting the minutes they are on an ACC team.

Staff has started laying the foundation, now they need to go get the bricks to build the house. I'm hoping Haywood was sitting at that game recognizing the great opportunity he'd have at GT. A solid shooter like him and it changes the whole complexion of tonight's game.

Meanwhile, on to the next one. We've got Wofford coming in with some strong GA talent that BG didn't bother taking a hard look at.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We've got some guys who can get to the basket at will...and miss their layups. Those shots will fall, especially for the younger guys. Q was a little more aggressive (and dare I say a little more creative) with his shot than he was last year, but the shots have to get in the basket for it to mean something. Running theme of the night for GT...so many missed shots by so many different players. None of the players got hot at any point to carry us.

We were also sloppy with the ball. We'd make a mini run, but turn the ball over and the redshirts would capitalize. That's tough when shots aren't falling.

JJ Frazier is a nice player. Hope Moore, Okogie, and Jackson were paying attention to what developing a little floater can do for their game as opposed to just wanting to take to the basket all the time.

We just need a couple of guys who are guaranteed 15-20 points a night. I hope guy like MJ Walker and Curtis Haywood were watching.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Memo to Pastner. Don't down play the importance of beating ugag EVER by telling the local rag it's just another game and then go out and get your *** handed to you on your home floor! Dumbass!!!!! If it's not more important to you than beating some **** school like Alcorn St. then you are at the wrong job. Go ahead and GTFO now! Save us the frustration of the next 3 years. You wont last any longer than that anyway with that kind of attitude.

It's coach speak. He knows.

Take a pill ffs.

gtdoceulaw

Jolly Good Fellow
Disappointed but not surprised at the outcome as historically Tech teams usually struggle right after finals. Wish they play this game first of the year. The outcome would have been drastically different.
No more gimmes after this as conference play begins hopefully the team will pull some surprises there.

That was rough. We pack the place out and didn't even show up to play. I have to remind myself that this and next year is a rebuilding project. A player like MJ Walker and a transfer who can shoot can change our team very quickly. There is just no one here to snap us out of a cold shooting night.
You are correct sir.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Let's be honest, the basketball game with the mutts doesn't have near the meaning the football game does...not even close. Hell, if there's one thing Gregory was good at, it was beating the mutts and some fans were wanting to run him out of town the day he was hired, so please don't act like this game means more than the others. I'd rather beat the UNC and Dukes on our schedule, when it comes to basketball.

CJP was just doing the usual "coach speak," and if you've paid any attention to CPJ over the years, he's basically said the same thing.

slugboy

Staff member
I didn't see the entire game--I tuned in towards the end of the first half. I'm used to seeing missed mid-range shots, but I was surprised to see how many layups we missed (just like everyone else was). I guess Wofford just got more important, to get back on track.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
-Kam got engaged
Negatives:
PG- Moore
SG- Tad
SF- Okogie
PF- Gueye
C- The Hammer
Sixth man- Matthews
B- Heyward
B- Sylvester
B- Rowland
Said something similar a few weeks ago. The players making the most mistakes on our team are seniors who’ve started for quite some time. I was going to turn the game on and saw 18 points in the first half. Decided I had better things to do.