Dukes & Bell

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Dukes and Bell are morons. Their show sucks no matter what / who they are talking about.

Tech has been irrelevant to the local media for 40 years not just the last 10. The only time they cover Tech is when we make a run at a ACC championship, into the tournament, etc. Basically when we are making national headlines.

Carry on with your whinie rant now.

Morons? Really. Why is that?

I remember when GT was talked about during the Cremins years when GT was known as a basketball school.
When Marco Coleman was on the yard and GT won the tittle.
During O’Leary with Lil Joe.
Hewitt with the title team and all the NBA talent.
Reggie Ball and CJ years.
Revisionist.
The only whine was your reply.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I remember when GT was talked about during the Cremins years when GT was known as a basketball school.
Revisionist.

You literally just referenced what I referred to. National news moments in GT sports history. Thank you for re-enforcing my point. (y)

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey Dukes & Bell. We are 6-4 now. Are we relevant enough to talk about on your irrelevant show or will you fill your time talking about the banged up Falcons who just lost to the formerly 2-win Brownies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares what that bald, fat, misogynistic alcoholic FSU turd and his little side kick think of Tech?

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck

Revisionist.

Hot take: I remember reading about people gathering around the radio to listen to Roosevelt's fireside chats too.

Maybe we can hire a polio survivor if we need to increase recruiting amongst old men who spend a lot of time in traffic.

I have no idea if these guys are morons, but being that they are employed in the talk radio industry, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hot take: I remember reading about people gathering around the radio to listen to Roosevelt's fireside chats too.

Maybe we can hire a polio survivor if we need to increase recruiting amongst old men who spend a lot of time in traffic.

I have no idea if these guys are morons, but being that they are employed in the talk radio industry, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.
Amen, brother!

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

Revisionist.

I will 100% dispute that local radio spent any significant time whatsoever talking about Hewittt’s national title game team or the Calvin Johnson team.

Particularly the basketball team, I remember checking every show every time I was in the car that entire title game run during March and there was never more than 3-5 minutes tops before they all moved on to the Falcons, or Hawks, or UGA football, etc.

The only time they ever talked about any Reggie Ball team was to mock him and Tech. Nobody was spending lots of time talking about the lead up to the Wake Forest game or our embarrassing defeat. Any other memory is revisionist history.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I will 100% dispute that local radio spent any significant time whatsoever talking about Hewittt’s national title game team or the Calvin Johnson team.

Particularly the basketball team, I remember checking every show every time I was in the car that entire title game run during March and there was never more than 3-5 minutes tops before they all moved on to the Falcons, or Hawks, or UGA football, etc.

The only time they ever talked about any Reggie Ball team was to mock him and Tech. Nobody was spending lots of time talking about the lead up to the Wake Forest game or our embarrassing defeat. Any other memory is revisionist history.
I was glad that i had a date the day of that ACCCG and winded up missing it;)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Sports jocks are going to talk about whatever their dwindling, old audience wants to hear. If you want coverage, you've got to have more fans. Realistically, we need, at minimum, a really good 5 year run or maybe even a decade of excellence to change the game in this regard.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
At this point I completely agree with the notion that radio coverage is worthless for helping increase the mind share for new Georgia Tech Fans. There are probably many internet pod casts that have a larger audience than dumb and dumber here in Atlanta has on their radio channel.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Heave the ball somewhere in the same zip code and hope Calvin can somehow track it down. Ran the ball once in the 4th quarter and ran it well the few times we ran it all day. Run it almost every play in the 4th quarter and we win. Worst called game on offense I've ever seen from Tech. Patrick Nix was paid off to throw the game. At least it seemed that way. But he was really that bad an OC.

Rant and high jack over. Back to the regularly scheduled topic.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
November is " ratings " month in most media markets. That's why you see and hear many titillating and sensationalized headlines and comments from many outlets looking to increase their rating share. Tech is an easy target in that their bashing draws in BOTH Tech people wanting to defend our school and UGA people wanting to join in the fun. Apparently, some of us took the bait.
Just my 2 cents.