Duke

MySouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Really sick of seeing Quinton Stephens on the floor. Really sick of Gregory's stupid substitutions. Really sick of seeing this team score ~ten points 12 minutes into the 2nd half. Really sick of losing games that we could have won. This team deserves better.

LibertyTurns

Banned
No bold predictions this time?

I'm just hoping I'll be able to watch. On the road in North Carolina. Not sure my heart can take a pro-Duke broadcast. Then again, aren't all broadcasts pro-Duke?
Try only to make big predictions when I think the conditions are right- Team chemistry positive, match up favorable, intangibles like we lost too many close ones in a while & players in a funk would break out at some point, etc. If we would have won at Syracuse I probably would have been inclined to call for a 3 game winning streak, but once we crapped ourselves I was figuring we'd play like a neutered dog against Puke. Bark a lot at the beginning & then roll over and go to sleep.

As things turned out I couldn't even watch the game. Got a text saying we were up at the half but not by much. Might as well put a fork in us at that point against Puke.

Let me guess, we eked out a halftime lead only to go nutless in the 2nd half. Nobody wanted to shoot, we got deep into the shot clock every possession & heaved up a low percentage shot, started fouling like crazy and whoever was scoring for us or playing good D had to ride the pine for a good portion of the half, we poorly substituted, had 1 or more prolonged scoring droughts & then just generally crapped ourselves when the game was still winnable. Close?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Try only to make big predictions when I think the conditions are right- Team chemistry positive, match up favorable, intangibles like we lost too many close ones in a while & players in a funk would break out at some point, etc. If we would have won at Syracuse I probably would have been inclined to call for a 3 game winning streak, but once we crapped ourselves I was figuring we'd play like a neutered dog against Puke. Bark a lot at the beginning & then roll over and go to sleep.

As things turned out I couldn't even watch the game. Got a text saying we were up at the half but not by much. Might as well put a fork in us at that point against Puke.

Let me guess, we eked out a halftime lead only to go nutless in the 2nd half. Nobody wanted to shoot, we got deep into the shot clock every possession & heaved up a low percentage shot, started fouling like crazy and whoever was scoring for us or playing good D had to ride the pine for a good portion of the half, we poorly substituted, had 1 or more prolonged scoring droughts & then just generally crapped ourselves when the game was still winnable. Close?

It was that.......and so much more

We added some new ridiculous angles last night.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So there's one thing that I think has been pretty consistent in all of our close losses...lack of adjustments.

Last night, we come out looking great against the zone (odd, I know). At the half, Duke switches back to their traditional m2m look and we look totally confused. From that point on we were done...and if you look back at most of these games you'll see a similar trend. Our coaching staff seems to come in with a game plan and then just hammer it even after the opposition adjusts to stop it. Then when we try to do something different it just looks like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off chucking up sh#$%y shots with a few seconds left on the shot clock.

It's really hard to watch