Duke

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So we're playing Duke tonight, but no one has posted a damn thing about it. Looks like everyone's got some pretty high expectations for this one :)

I give us about an 8% chance to win, considering that they've won 32 of the last 35 games.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just saw where duke dropped out of the top 25 for the first time in like 8 years. What's that coach K? Somethings wrong with your back you say?

{:)Had to be done.}

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
They will look to make a statement. Look for guys like Plumlee and Jones to play out of their damn minds.

Duke by 14-17

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On the one hand, they haven't been playing that well, which could give us a shot. On the other hand, I just remembered our perimeter defense.

Our biggest chance is if we somehow overwhelm them on offense, because they have the ingredients to go off from the perimeter, which is our biggest achilles' heel (we have like 10 heels).

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
These guys flat out own us. Worse than the butt sniffers in football. It's actually just sad. I'd love to pick up a win, but I'm just not at all confident that it can even be done at this point.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, we're going to find out if this Team has any nuts tonight. Prove me wrong guys & don't fold like a cheap tent.

Go Jackets!

No bold predictions this time?

I'm just hoping I'll be able to watch. On the road in North Carolina. Not sure my heart can take a pro-Duke broadcast. Then again, aren't all broadcasts pro-Duke?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Duke opened as 1.5 point favorites, now up to 3.5

We'll probably go small to match up with Duke. Look for Heath, Smith, Tadric, Jorg, and Heyward to get the start. No reason for us to start now and try to dictate the terms of a basketball game.

Seriously though, Duke is worse off than Syracuse on the interior. They've been going a little more zone due to lack of depth. This is as good of timing as any to face the Blue Devils if we want to pull it off.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Similar recipe to most for this one - pound it inside. If we're able to get Plumlee in foul trouble, Nick and/or Charles could have a field day.

He hasn't shot particularly well as of late, but if Kennard gets hot watch out. Him, along with Jones and Allen could shoot us out of the game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Call me crazy, but I like our match-up with Duke as much as I have any of our recent games. We should be in full do or die mode from here on out.

Like most of our games, our defensive intensity will dictate our chances. Play well defensively and I think that we can stay inside the number.

IMO, I fully expect us to be in position to win the game with 5:00 left, but then we know how that story usually ends though.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Call me crazy, but I like our match-up with Duke as much as I have any of our recent games. We should be in full do or die mode from here on out.

Like most of our games, our defensive intensity will dictate our chances. Play well defensively and I think that we can stay inside the number.

IMO, I fully expect us to be in position to win the game with 5:00 left, but then we know how that story usually ends though.

Knowing how they defend, I think they'll force us to turn he ball over about 20 times. We've never had a good answer for their ball screen pressure that pushes us way back towards half court, and I'm not sure tonight will be much different.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Knowing how they defend, I think they'll force us to turn he ball over about 20 times. We've never had a good answer for their ball screen pressure that pushes us way back towards half court, and I'm not sure tonight will be much different.

According to the numbers, we're turning it over about 10 times per game, and they are forcing about 15 per game. You are right, that will be a big key to the game.

Aside from our ability to defend the perimeter, it is probably the most critical. If we force shots or settle for 3's, we will be playing into their hands. Take care of the ball and work it into the post. Thats where our advantage lies.

Assuming MGH draws the defensive assignment on wonderboy, Grayson Allen, he must not pick-up stupid fouls. Should be a good match-up..Hope he can contain him.. I'm not a big fan.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Out of town and in meeting until mid-night EST. Hope that when I can spot check the score the Coach K being absent can be Duke's excuse for losing to GT!!!

Hard to believe the line is so low.