Duke

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Poje with 2 errors since replacing injured Johnson at 1B. Neither have resulted in runs.
Duke HR & a double, SAC bunt & single plate 2 to tie game. 3-3 through 7.

We coulda/shoulda had more than 3 runs at this point.
Lee was outstanding again today, but 5 errors are hard to overcome. I hope that we can pull it out.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
COMPLETE game for Jake Lee. He just tossed the team on his back and carried them today. Lee gets credit for pitching a complete 9-inning game. But by my count, he pitched to 32 outs... 4 of the errors were ground balls that should have been 5 outs.

Peurifoy with the 2-run bomb at the perfect time to give Lee the much deserved win!!!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
We won despite going 1 for 17 with men in scoring position and committing 5 errors.The only way to win is to keep the bullpen in the bullpen. This gives me huge hopes that we have a starting pitcher for next year in Lee. First complete game for Tech since 2006. We avoided making history by being the first Tech team to be swept by Duke.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didn't watch, didn't listen, and only just now checked the score. Sounded like another typically sucky performance by GT pitchers with 9 walks to go along with 11 hits. The is simply beyond incredible to me. I just don't understand how you can allow kids to continue to walk people. Get beat with hits...oh well. Get beat with walks and hit batsmen, shame shame.

Hall and this team have managed to do to me what Hewitt did to me in basketball....chase me away from attending or seriously following their teams.

I took your cue. After a wonderful brunch prepared by my daughter in law, the last thing I wanted was for GT baseball to put a downer on a beautiful day. So I cut the grass from my wife (tic).

Anyway, Lee and Curry are the brightest hopes I have for pitching next year. The rest who are injured I expect to remain injured or be inconsistent coming back.

Lee 109 pitches! 76 strikes - 70%. 2 ER with 1 BB, 1 hit batter and 2 Ks. 5 hits in nine innings is really good. This is a great thing to see at the end of the year with this and his last start being really good. We should get a good year from him next year before he is drafted.

Would suck for Kel if he is hurt going into the draft. For him, I hope he gets a good enough draft selection to go this year. He'll get screwed next year if he has to wait. But being our 7th best hitter (by ERA) this year, I don't know how well he'll do in the draft. Kel has the power they want .......

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We won despite going 1 for 17 with men in scoring position and committing 5 errors.The only way to win is to keep the bullpen in the bullpen. This gives me huge hopes that we have a starting pitcher for next year in Lee. First complete game for Tech since 2006. We avoided making history by being the first Tech team to be swept by Duke.
I thought that Heddinger had a complete game against Vandy a couple of years ago? I'm also pretty sure that Farmer had a couple if I'm not mistaken.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Lee has been great. Our 4 errors have been bad. He should be around 55 pitches through 6 with no runs. That play by Duke to get the run is something our team would never do. Great coaching in my opinion by Duke there.

McCann with a bomb to get the lead back for us. Up 2-1 now in T7 with 0 outs.
Our reaction to the double steal was pathetic, even a Babe Ruth team would not trade a run for an out. The catcher should never have thrown to second with us leading by one and two out..