Duke

Deleted member 2897

Who would we replace him with?
Whose money would we find to pay him to not coach for the several years left on his contract?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Any insiders have an idea about hall's future? If we miss the acc tourney does he get replaced?

I am NOT an insider, so my thoughts are purely my own conjecture. I would be surprised if Hall were dismissed after this year, especially if we finish in the ACC tournament and don't embarrass ourselves (anymore). There is the argument about injuries plaguing us, his son coming in next year to play for us is supposedly a stud, yada yada.....overall my suspicion is this year wasn't bad enough to get him fired, but was bad enough to put him on the hot seat for next year.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
There are too many reason to keep him for us to fire him. He will be a few games from winning 1,000 games for GT, his other son is coming to play for him, he has given 24 years of his life for our program, and he has not embarrased us.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Gracious...everytime I start to listen to or follow this team, the level of missing fundamentals just drives me nuts...absolutely NUTS. I mean, you walk the opening two batters in an inning? Throw it down the middle and make them hit the ball....at least a 50-50 chance they'll hit it at someone!

Even though a DP got us out of the inning, it is lousy baseball imho!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gracious...everytime I start to listen to or follow this team, the level of missing fundamentals just drives me nuts...absolutely NUTS. I mean, you walk the opening two batters in an inning? Throw it down the middle and make them hit the ball....at least a 50-50 chance they'll hit it at someone!

Even though a DP got us out of the inning, it is lousy baseball imho!

Curry was streaky. He ended with 74 strikes in 107 pitches (69%). He is one of the bright spots for next year.

I'll stay away from the negative stuff since ....... life is too short and our national politics is destroying generations of credibility built across multiple Government organizations.

Here we are tied (4-4) in the 7th with two outs. Kel had a good at bat to tie the game up. Let's get the win! We just took out their starter (Stallings) and their reliever has a 5.04 ERA.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is a positive side to losing to Duke. It may shorten the season and having to bear bad baseball. When the other team doesn't give us 2 runs, we lose.

Datoc gave up the 2 run HR but had 68% strikes (unfortunately one was a HR). Carpenter comes in and hits a batter who scores. He was 20 pitches in the inning with 13 strikes, the struck batter, a walk and a hit.

We really don't deserve to win.

Update: Fluke commits an error to put Bailey on with an out. Give us two unearned runs and we have a chance.

Final update: Kel strikes out to end the game. Fitting.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think we will make it interesting. ...... up 4-0 going to B3rd.

Gibson was really shaky first inning but got a 1-2-3 double play to end the inning with the bases loaded. Escaped with no outs.

That was after Kel did a 1-2-3 in our T1st with no outs. Hadn't seen a single 1-2-3 all year and then two in an inning.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gibson with a 7 pitch 4th inning. Where has the drama gone? Up 4-1 ..... the Duke run was from a lead off walk (one of two) in the third.

But like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the ball, I'm going to try and believe again.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Howell had better be fired in the offseason. It's ridiculous that we can't win a game when the offense scores 5 runs. The pitching has become worse and very inconsistent in his 4 years (not sure if it has been longer and am too frustrated to look it up).