Duke

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Howell had better be fired in the offseason. It's ridiculous that we can't win a game when the offense scores 5 runs. The pitching has become worse and very inconsistent in his 4 years (not sure if it has been longer and am too frustrated to look it up).
Also, the staff was at 6 walks the last time I looked at the stats and the amount of free bases that these guys give up is unacceptable for a college staff.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Didn't watch, didn't listen, and only just now checked the score. Sounded like another typically sucky performance by GT pitchers with 9 walks to go along with 11 hits. The is simply beyond incredible to me. I just don't understand how you can allow kids to continue to walk people. Get beat with hits...oh well. Get beat with walks and hit batsmen, shame shame.

Hall and this team have managed to do to me what Hewitt did to me in basketball....chase me away from attending or seriously following their teams.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Our pitching is not our total problem, we scored 4 in one inning and 1 the rest of the game. We have too many strike outs in our line up. You can't afford to play a power hitter who strikes out 20 times the number of HRs he gets. This team does for baseball what Hewitt did for basketball. And no, we will not fire DH this year for a logocal reason, we don't need to pay abuyout for a non-revenue sport.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Didn't watch, didn't listen, and only just now checked the score. Sounded like another typically sucky performance by GT pitchers with 9 walks to go along with 11 hits. The is simply beyond incredible to me. I just don't understand how you can allow kids to continue to walk people. Get beat with hits...oh well. Get beat with walks and hit batsmen, shame shame.

Hall and this team have managed to do to me what Hewitt did to me in basketball....chase me away from attending or seriously following their teams.

You and me both. If you look at pictures from the home crowds this year, you can see how apathetic d-hall ball has made the fan base. Awful attendance and empty stands all year.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Our pitching is not our total problem, we scored 4 in one inning and 1 the rest of the game. We have too many strike outs in our line up. You can't afford to play a power hitter who strikes out 20 times the number of HRs he gets. This team does for baseball what Hewitt did for basketball. And no, we will not fire DH this year for a logocal reason, we don't need to pay abuyout for a non-revenue sport.

Yep. By my count, we gave up 6 runs that reached on a BB or HBP, with one run also scoring on a WP.

We still would've lost 6-5, so it looks like it was an all-around team 'effort' today.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you and am tired of seeing Poje and Johnson strike out (I know that they're not the only ones, but they do it too often). However, 5 runs should be enough to win a game and I don't care when those runs are scored in the game.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
T1 - We had 1 run in with bases loaded & no outs. Were set up to open up a huge lead... but failed to get any more runs. Really frustrating! I did not see any action.. just followed box score.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
1) The number of walks is unacceptable. The pitchers have to be better than that.

2) We just don't take full advantage of when we get runners on base.

3) Is it just me or does it seem every pitching change that CDH makes is the wrong decision. Either he just doesn't have a feel for situations, doesn't have a feel for his pitchers, has terrible luck, or our pitchers are so inconsistent he doesn't know what to do.

4) It seems like every time we bring a reliever in with runners on, those runners ALWAYS score.

I thought Gibson and Curry both actually threw the ball decently; but the walks hurt them badly. Those Duke hitters don't swing at much outside the strike zone (completely opposite of us).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
1) The number of walks is unacceptable. The pitchers have to be better than that.

2) We just don't take full advantage of when we get runners on base.

3) Is it just me or does it seem every pitching change that CDH makes is the wrong decision. Either he just doesn't have a feel for situations, doesn't have a feel for his pitchers, has terrible luck, or our pitchers are so inconsistent he doesn't know what to do.

4) It seems like every time we bring a reliever in with runners on, those runners ALWAYS score.

I thought Gibson and Curry both actually threw the ball decently; but the walks hurt them badly. Those Duke hitters don't swing at much outside the strike zone (completely opposite of us).
3) I feel like Hall might as well just put names in a hat and draw them to see who comes out of the bullpen. Our pitchers are way too inconsistent.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lee showed me a ton in B2..
K looking on the Big Labowski
Did not let Wilhite's error on DP ball rattle him. In fact... TV showed Lee signal to Wilhite... something like "I got this" ...and he did.
Next batter Lee makes a great defensive play on high grounder over his head...
then with runners on 2nd/3rd and 2 outs gets the grounder to Kel...covers 1st for the out.

The downside... Kel looked like he really hurt his shoulder making the great diving play. Managed to make the flip (in obvious pain) to Lee for the out.

A serious injury to Johnson would just SUCK.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lee showed me a ton in B2..
K looking on the Big Labowski
Did not let Wilhite's error on DP ball rattle him. In fact... TV showed Lee signal to Wilhite... something like "I got this" ...and he did.
Next batter Lee makes a great defensive play on high grounder over his head...
then with runners on 2nd/3rd and 2 outs gets the grounder to Kel...covers 1st for the out.

The downside... Kel looked like he really hurt his shoulder making the great diving play. Managed to make the flip (in obvious pain) to Lee for the out.

A serious injury to Johnson would just SUCK.
So depending on the extent of Kel's and Bart's injuries; we may finish this season without the following players: Kel, Bart, English, Parr, Shadday, Hall. Did I miss anyone else?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lee gives up his 1st hit with 2 out in 6th. A double.
Then Wilhite makes his 2nd error of game on the most routine of routine ground balls. This one costs us.
With runners on 1st&3rd... Duke pulls the delayed steal. It works...enough to score the run. We get 3rd out in rundown between 1st&2nd... but run scores before out is made. 1-1 going to 7th.

McCann leads off 7th with a HR! Great answer! Chased the starter. Now let's abuse Duke's pen!!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lee has been great. Our 4 errors have been bad. He should be around 55 pitches through 6 with no runs. That play by Duke to get the run is something our team would never do. Great coaching in my opinion by Duke there.

McCann with a bomb to get the lead back for us. Up 2-1 now in T7 with 0 outs.