Duke QB out for season

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Thomas Sirk. Just saw it on the bottom line during the Cal-Hawaii game. Was he hurt during fall practices? It said it was an achilles injury.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm with you, I'm superstitious too. But hopefully we had our fair share last year and remain relatively healthy in 16. From all I've read Sirk is a really good kid. I hope for his sake he recovers soon.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Safety Jeremy Cash.

He actually went undrafted...dude was a stud.

Believe he really had some trouble towards end of year. Did not play nearly as well as he did vs us.

But heard on a radio show he has added some weight and muscle and either Redskins or Panthers ( not sure which team actually) has him as a LB and he is playing well.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Believe he really had some trouble towards end of year. Did not play nearly as well as he did vs us.

But heard on a radio show he has added some weight and muscle and either Redskins or Panthers ( not sure which team actually) has him as a LB and he is playing well.
Panthers - injured last night.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Can Sirk come back next year? Looks like he has already has burned one RS year. So next year would be his fifth year? http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/player/193/1046960/index.html

I tore my Achilles bad and it would have been more than a year to fully recover. Not surprised he re-injured it after 6 months. If this was his final year, I understand the rush to get back. Otherwise ........

As to Cash and Fluke, I think they fell apart toward the end of the season since they don't have the depth and got wore out. Cash was more than carrying his load and I hope he catches on in the NFL now that he no longer plays for Fluke.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't even want to think about tearing an achilles. Sounds horrible. I think I would rather wreck my knee.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Heard on the radio Cash bulked up 15-20 pounds and could be starting at LB for the panthers... I'm not even surprised. That dude is a football player

They did that with Thomas Davis. Davis was a stud Safety for uga and they told him to bulk up to play LB. I've always though converted LBs were great prospects to play LB because they are more natural at covering and more fluid than career LBs.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is Cutliffe's fault. When an athlete wants to come back before he's ready, it's the coach's duty to hold him back and make him get recovered. If you don't have the guts to do that, then put it off on the team doctors. But you don't allow the player back on the field when he is likely to hurt himself again.

Puke could have taken a loss or two or three and given Sirk the chance to get really well before he came back. Cutliffe apparently decided to "give the kid a chance". Now the damage could be much worse.