Duke QB out for season

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I can't stand Cut but I'm not sure the above is fair. Each injury is different and recovery is never the same. I think all a coach can do is go by what the doc says and what the player decides he can do.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This is Cutliffe's fault. When an athlete wants to come back before he's ready, it's the coach's duty to hold him back and make him get recovered. If you don't have the guts to do that, then put it off on the team doctors. But you don't allow the player back on the field when he is likely to hurt himself again.

Puke could have taken a loss or two or three and given Sirk the chance to get really well before he came back. Cutliffe apparently decided to "give the kid a chance". Now the damage could be much worse.
And how do you know the doctors didn't say he was back 100% ? You say it's coach Cutliffe's fault but how do you know what was going on and the conversations and if he was given the ok from someone besides coach Cutliffe?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, ok, you're right. Maybe the docs did say it was ok for him to hit the field. But given what others above said about Achilles injuries and what I know from people who have had them, I bet they didn't.

But, hey, the young man is young. Maybe he did look like he had recovered. If so, I blamed Cutliffe needlessly. (Query: why does any Tech fan care about anyone bad-mouthing Cutliffe?)

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, ok, you're right. Maybe the docs did say it was ok for him to hit the field. But given what others above said about Achilles injuries and what I know from people who have had them, I bet they didn't.

But, hey, the young man is young. Maybe he did look like he had recovered. If so, I blamed Cutliffe needlessly. (Query: why does any Tech fan care about anyone bad-mouthing Cutliffe?)

IIRC Cutcliffe disparaged Pawl's offense in the press leading up the game two years ago, which calls into question his "classy act" image. Perhaps they know more, or assume that smoke --> fire.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Heard on the radio Cash bulked up 15-20 pounds and could be starting at LB for the panthers... I'm not even surprised. That dude is a football player
He has a shot to make the 53 man roster but he is not competing for a starting spot ahead of Thomas Davis. Cash got some cash, a $20k bonus, which was one of the highest for an undrafted free agent this year.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Their current QB played really well this year and is going to be a good player. May see both he and Sirk next year.