Duke Predictions

Margin of Victory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully CPJ has a talk with officials regarding twisting ankle tackles as a player goes down and just once I'd like to see a DL flagged for holding our OL.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For me. It all depends on the mistakes we make. PUKE won't make many. If we play clean, without many turn overs or penalties, I say we win by 2 TD's. If we are a cluster, we could lose. If we force TOs on defense, this game will be one sided in our favor. I am going to say blah, a little of everything, and we win, 27-20.

GT03&05

Georgia Tech Fan
I hope your right ...I'm generally really frustrated with Tech's general bad karma and have a fleeting hope he we can really mess Duke up thus game!

Yeah, I'm just feeling it. Duke has won 2 FBS games this year (ND and Army) and both by 1 score. Combined with 4 losses (all by 2+ scores) including to the likes of Wake and Virginia, they are just not in a good place as a team. If we play a complete and relatively clean game like we did against Vandy, there is no reason we can't get a solid win. Mills and Davis being out will not help, but a healthy o-line and, hopefully, some well rested, focused defenders will more than offset their absence.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, I'm just feeling it. Duke has won 2 FBS games this year (ND and Army) and both by 1 score. Combined with 4 losses (all by 2+ scores) including to the likes of Wake and Virginia, they are just not in a good place as a team. If we play a complete and relatively clean game like we did against Vandy, there is no reason we can't get a solid win. Mills and Davis being out will not help, but a healthy o-line and, hopefully, some well rested, focused defenders will more than offset their absence.
Mills is out?...did not catch that...time for Marcus Marshall to have a big game

Jmonty71

Banned
GT 34 Duke 31. Our offense is better than last year. They don't have Cash anymore. Our defense will make their QB look good. It will be a struggle. But, I think we pull it out, late in the game.

Jmonty71

Banned
My concern remains the trend we have seen where Duke rolls slowly down the field and scores, and there are very few possessions (3-4 per half) in the game.

I fear Duke will win 24-20, with our offense scoring 4 times (2 TD's and 2 FG's) on 7 possessions, while Duke scores 4 time son their 7 possessions (3TD's and 1 FG). I also think we havetwo turnovers which makes our life harder.....and since our defense never forces turnovers, that is what swings the game.

Seriously hope I am COMPLETELY wrong, but I just have so little confidence on our defense.
You have every right to have little confidence in our defense. I'm right there, with you. However; our O is better than last year and they don't have Cash.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
so this one is hard to call a bit. Duke really has not played all that great. They played louisville great though. Did they turn a corner with a inexperienced QB???

Who knows. On our positive side I think our O is improving and has a chance to continue that. I think we are fine at BB for this game with MM. Sometimes knowing you are the only BB to get most reps helps you in a game...and getting a flow.

On the downside duke has really done well to gash our D with power run sets...which doesn't require an experienced QB. And our defense is who they are and always will be. Nothing will change.

So for me it goes back to the age old world we are in. Can we get 1-2 turnovers and 1-2 stops and score the rest of the time??? I think so...

So I am going with Tech...it could be a total blowout. But I am going with the close one. They don't cover the spread...but win

34-30

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
For me. It all depends on the mistakes we make. PUKE won't make many. If we play clean, without many turn overs or penalties, I say we win by 2 TD's. If we are a cluster, we could lose. If we force TOs on defense, this game will be one sided in our favor. I am going to say blah, a little of everything, and we win, 27-20.
Agree. Seems the last 2 years we’ve played our worst offensive games against Duke and I’m not sure why. Sure Cash blew us up last year but a lot of that was our O-Lineman did absolutely nothing to stop him. I’ve rarely seen Duke stop us they just let us screw ourselves and capitalize on turnovers, penalties, and short fields. If we can score TD’s instead of settle for FG’s it’ll be a huge plus and we need to try and make Duke one dimensional. I’m calling for 28-20.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
as a point

if CPJ loses this game. Watch out...big trouble...alot of people are coming out of the woodwork

In a long time, I think this may be the most important game for HIM. Homecoming, against a sub .500 Duke team...this HAS to be a big win in front of a heavy alumn crowd.

Just look out for it.