Duke Predictions

Margin of Victory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Time to drop some knowledge on the world. What's your prediction for Saturday?

Spread is currently GT by 6.5 to 7. Over/under 50.5.

Cast your vote in the poll.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
We really need this one if we are going to make anything out of this season, I think the players and coaches both realize this. The games at home and Duke doesn't have all the horses, should be an easy W but won't. I don't particularly like Cutcliffe but I think he's a pretty good coach and motivator for his players, I also think he has gotten into CPJ's head.
GT 31
Duke 28

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My concern remains the trend we have seen where Duke rolls slowly down the field and scores, and there are very few possessions (3-4 per half) in the game.

I fear Duke will win 24-20, with our offense scoring 4 times (2 TD's and 2 FG's) on 7 possessions, while Duke scores 4 time son their 7 possessions (3TD's and 1 FG). I also think we havetwo turnovers which makes our life harder.....and since our defense never forces turnovers, that is what swings the game.

Seriously hope I am COMPLETELY wrong, but I just have so little confidence on our defense.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
My prediction has the yellow jackets getting the win in swarming fashion and making this a statement game. This will better our chances of becoming bowl eligible while knocking coach Butt Sniff in the mouth!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Duke has FEI ranking of 35 on defense (Vandy 40 Miami 21 Pitt 99 BC 27) I am going to extrapolate our O to score 24 points
Duke O is ranked FEI of 98 on offense (Vandy 112, Miami 53, Pitt 19, BC 125) I am going to extrapolate our D to hold them to 14

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We may struggle against Duke like we did the last couple of years, but it's not because that struggle follows from what we have seen so far this year. I think we should expect our O to do better than fine against their D. We should hope that our D comes close to average Pwr5 against their week O. I think we score about 3pts/drive against them. I think we should be able to hold them to 1.5 ppd, but would be barely satisfied with less than 2.5. The better our D plays, the more drives we'll have.

So, I'd like to see something like 36-18, but wouldn't be surprised by 30-25. If we lose by giving up more than 3.0 ppd against them, then my brain explodes.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Don't we usually win around Halloween? Or maybe I'm just remembering the Clemson upset from a few years ago. Jackets by 10.
We've done very well on homecoming under CPJ with the exception of the BYU year. Homecoming is always at the end of October is probably why you're thinking that.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Duke has FEI ranking of 35 on defense (Vandy 40 Miami 21 Pitt 99 BC 27) I am going to extrapolate our O to score 24 points
Duke O is ranked FEI of 98 on offense (Vandy 112, Miami 53, Pitt 19, BC 125) I am going to extrapolate our D to hold them to 14
:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

Extrapolate
Extend the application of (a method or conclusion, especially one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable. Estimate or conclude (something) by extrapolating.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
31-21 Tech. Duke is going to sell out against the run.
That is what I would do if I was Duke. There is the nagging suspicion that JT is getting more confident in finding his receivers. He was drilling the ball the last time out. Let them bring the 8 man front and all the other gimmicks, burn their *** with passes then knock them down running the dive. We can beat this team, if we play smart and don't let their cute tricks get to our heads. I want to see our line extrapolate by knocking people on their butt. Incidentally, a lower scoring game, say in the low 20s will benefit Duke. We need to get this game in the upper 20s or 30s. Hands up on defense to knock down the tunnel screens and its variations that they throw. Virginia did this effectively.