Duke postgame

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, it works against bad teams but any defense with alert corners and safeties will shut it down. Our receivers are small and fast but not particularly good blockers.

Snl Lying GIF by Saturday Night Live

Rutherford was pancakin' blokes left and right. On ChAlexander's long run in the 4th(?), he caught two bodies then celebrated like it was 1999. It was great.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
Your observations are spot on about UNC...they are dangerous, with a fine running back but they are at the point of just packing it in for basketball.
Caught a little bit of the 4th quarter of the Pitt game on TV. It was painfully obvious that the broadcast team was not showing "crowd" shots.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
None of those screen plays work it the outside wide receiver doesn't block his guy.
We are assuming perfect king level accurate passing. If ball is high, low, behind the yardage gained will be grestly reduced.
The other coaches get to adjust the level of pressure at mesh.
Clemson had its db right on los and pressured the reception.

The defenses figured out the stopping the run the ball utm with a rb of right guard. Yards per play dropped.
It took several games of low yds per carry for us to motion the rb into flat

Defenses will figure out the stand at side line to catch pass while your buddy blocks one of 2 db. Our yds per catch will drop when we play more talented teams.

Heres hoping we can coach proactively

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Caught a little bit of the 4th quarter of the Pitt game on TV. It was painfully obvious that the broadcast team was not showing "crowd" shots.
The main reason Mack left UNC for Texas was they were playing a big game in October at Kenan. They had been winning 10 games but couldn't beat FSU. They had become very good in FB. He looked in the stands and people were leaving early to go watch opening basketball practice/scrimmage. Left for Texas the next year. He was going through a rather messy divorce as well. UNC fans felt betrayed but did take him back.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Our receivers are small and fast but not particularly good blockers.
Some are excellent. I saw some superb downfield blocks saturday on some running plays (but I cannot at this moment recall which receiver it was who delivered those blocks).

Gotta recognize greatness when we do see it!

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
We are assuming perfect king level accurate passing. If ball is high, low, behind the yardage gained will be grestly reduced.
The other coaches get to adjust the level of pressure at mesh.
Clemson had its db right on los and pressured the reception.

The defenses figured out the stopping the run the ball utm with a rb of right guard. Yards per play dropped.
It took several games of low yds per carry for us to motion the rb into flat

Defenses will figure out the stand at side line to catch pass while your buddy blocks one of 2 db. Our yds per catch will drop when we play more talented teams.

Heres hoping we can coach proactively
My comment was in response to one of the post here being that our small wide receivers aren't good blockers.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
It’s pretty simple. We just don’t have many fans.
eh but back in the late 00's and early 2010's the upper east was regularly full. It seems that it and the upper north have flip flopped. We used to have trouble filling the UN, but now the upper north is actually pretty full. I guess people actually appreciate the views of the city and the game that it offers.
1728304163411.png

1728304202319.png

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Did you think the offensive pass interference called against Duke was legit? It looked to be so to me but it gets called so seldom, that I actually thought the officials were going to call it on us.
It looked pretty ticky tacky to me. But I thought the one called on us (during interception) was ticky tacky also.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I sat with my in-laws in the upper north for the second half, tickets are cheap and it’s fun to watch football north-south from that high up, you can see everything