Duke postgame

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I sat with my in-laws in the upper north for the second half, tickets are cheap and it’s fun to watch football north-south from that high up, you can see everything
My son and I had Carolina Panthers season tickets last year and sat in the upper deck in the end zone, and I feel the same way. Can be hard to see first down conversions but you really get to see the flow of the game better.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
It looked pretty ticky tacky to me. But I thought the one called on us (during interception) was ticky tacky also.
It was 100% textbook OPI. He shoved the defender in one direction with a fully extended arm when he cut in the other direction. The shove was THE reason he was able to get separation and get open for the catch. OPI is not called often but it is not usually that blatant.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to hope so. For my money JH11 is one of the few RBs I don’t love regularly sending between the tackles given his size/speed I think he is better bouncing to the outside.
He just is not a power back like all those "B" backs that Paul Johnson had one after another of man killing pounders. Imagine being a safety and seeing big Anthony Allen bearing down on you after shaking loose from a linebacker. To this day, I would be willing to bet their are old defensive backs from that time that wake up in a sweat dreaming the nightmare of one after another of those "B" backs churning through the line and testing your manhood.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Our power back is pyron this year. I'm sure we even have a few interesting wrinkles off pyron motioning undercenter. King has enough speed to flat burn a LB on a wheel. Power option with pyron and Haynes as well. Motioning pyron into a full in the pistol and running triple out of pistol strong I etc.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to hope so. For my money JH11 is one of the few RBs I don’t love regularly sending between the tackles given his size/speed I think he is better bouncing to the outside.
JH is incredibly strong for his size, but he isn't a fullback. He can dish out some punishment in short installments, but in the main you need a bigger back going up the gut. And I think the Jackets have enough depth at the position to keep the backs fresh.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I would need to rewatch the PI play, but I think that it may have been the make-up call for the PI against us that could have been called the other way.
Agree. It looked like a make-up call to me. SEC receivers do what that Duke receiver did all game long and never get called for it.

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
During the Duke Game, The Rice family was presented the ring recognizing Coach Homer Rice's posthumous induction into the National Football Foundation Leadership award. A commemoration dinner was held Friday evening at the Georgia Tech Hotel conference center.
View attachment 16941
The Rice family shared these pictures with me to share with the Swarm fans. Dr. Rice's legacy is honored by the naming of the Dr. Homer Rice Academic Center in the Wardlaw Building in the South end zone. The National Football Foundation Leadership Hall of Fame ring that was presented to his wife Karen Rice Saturday evening is pictured as well. Dr. Rice is the only college athletics director among the 16 NFF Leadership HOF members, which include NFL team owners Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, the Atlanta Falcon's Arthur Blank, Dean Spanos of the Los Angeles Chargers, and Stephen Ross of the Miami Dolphins, 2 governors, a famous trial lawyer, and 6 corporate CEO's.
1728356467354.jpeg

1728356505851.jpeg

1728356550083.jpeg

1728356670530.jpeg

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
The Rice family shared these pictures with me to share with the Swarm fans. Dr. Rice's legacy is honored by the naming of the Dr. Homer Rice Academic Center in the Wardlaw Building in the South end zone. The National Football Foundation Leadership Hall of Fame ring that was presented to his wife Karen Rice Saturday evening is pictured as well. Dr. Rice is the only college athletics director among the 16 NFF Leadership HOF members, which include NFL team owners Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, the Atlanta Falcon's Arthur Blank, Dean Spanos of the Los Angeles Chargers, and Stephen Ross of the Miami Dolphins, 2 governors, a famous trial lawyer, and 6 corporate CEO's.
View attachment 16964
View attachment 16965
View attachment 16966
View attachment 16967
This is such a beautiful tribute and way to honor Dr Rice’s memory and everything he did for Georgia Tech as a whole. I am glad I could be at the game to applaud and show appreciation for him and his family. A very special man.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
View attachment 16964
View attachment 16965
View attachment 16966
View attachment 16967
Tommie: who is in this picture. Homer Rice had three daughters and I have met two of them. I do not think they are in this picture.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck

Almost 40 minutes off time of possession. Wow.

Team Stats​

Duke Blue Devils
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
1st Downs1525
3rd down efficiency3-117-16
4th down efficiency1-23-3
Total Yards279412
Passing205167
Comp/Att18/3123/31
Yards per pass6.65.4
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing74245
Rushing Attempts2049
Yards per rush3.75.0
Penalties7-555-45
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession20:3339:27

Fourth quarter was huge.
The defense played great! One bad play where we blitzed and Murphy found the wide open man for a TD - I can live with that. Overall, the D was outstanding. The improvement in our run D has been tremendous - kudos to Santucci and Simpson and all the hard work from our guys.

We definitely have some work to do to get the offense cleaned up. The run game looked great. The OL played great and consistently relocated the LOS. Our WR do a great job of blocking and bringing some physicality.

After the week we've had on the east side of the state, the distraction that college football brings was a tremendous blessing.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
TFG really did a number on the fans. We are still recovering, but I'm not sure we will fully recover. I always hope we can attract some new fans, but that doesn't ever seem to happen, at least not as fast as we lose them.

Glad we won - now let's follow that up with a beatdown of a wounded UNC team.
It is unhealthy to hold onto the anger and anguish of being in a toxic relationship. It is better to just let it go and give that person no more of your time or emotional space. There are only so many ef's a person can give in a lifetime and tight pants is not worthy of one of them.

By the way, but this is not directed at you. Just our fan base in general.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There has to be pressure on TFG in this game. He has to prove to his own inflated ego that he can actually coach. Mack has already figured he made a big mistake.