Duke postgame

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
We still seemed too sloppy on offense. However, Jamal Haynes looked like himself again. Here’s hoping part of the running game struggles the last few weeks were mostly due to him not being 100%. It just feels like Buster has gotten stale and that they don’t trust King to throw the ball.

The defense played very good, almost would say great. One bad play that cost us 6 and the TD before the half is more on the STs and reffs.

I suppose we should be confident that our B Game was able to beat a scrappy 5-0 team, but I am just frustrated we still can’t complete an A Game, at least not on Offense.

We need to win Saturday to make this season interesting.

4-2 is nice, though and there are three more very winnable games left. We get frisky, maybe we can win 8 which would be quite a big step in our rebuild. We also could easily go 6-6. One game at a time.

slugboy

Staff member

Almost 40 minutes off time of possession. Wow.

Team Stats​

Duke Blue Devils
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
1st Downs1525
3rd down efficiency3-117-16
4th down efficiency1-23-3
Total Yards279412
Passing205167
Comp/Att18/3123/31
Yards per pass6.65.4
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing74245
Rushing Attempts2049
Yards per rush3.75.0
Penalties7-555-45
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession20:3339:27

Fourth quarter was huge.

slugboy

Staff member
Can we please start throwing the ball down the field? Glad we won but damn it hard watching us run QB draws and wr screens 50% of the plays
That was on purpose. Duke pins their ears back and goes. We made them defend sideline to sideline. They have a very good defense.

That was a good win. They're more solid than I thought.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Sluggish win against a bad team, but a wins a win. Good to see Jamal finding his stride again.
Nah… gonna disagree. We all know how momentum works in college football.
I’m going with a solid win against an undefeated team.
If I’m not mistaken, a lot of folks here were arguing how good duke was (and how their schedule was as strong as ours, if not stronger)
Let’s not poo poo now.
But yeah.. Great to see Jamal healthy