Duke Postgame

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
That's not correct. 3rd down, 0:42 left. Puke out of TOs. Take a knee and there's not enough time left on the 40-second game clock. Instead, we run an absolutely foolish Dive Play and hope there's no Fumble. Just a head scratcher. Les Miles and CPJ are the 2 worst game-clock coaches in all of football.
I'll agree on that. I'm referring to the running backwards by JT

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
That's not correct. 3rd down, 0:42 left. Puke out of TOs. Take a knee and there's not enough time left on the 40-second game clock. Instead, we run an absolutely foolish Dive Play and hope there's no Fumble. Just a head scratcher. Les Miles and CPJ are the 2 worst game-clock coaches in all of football.

Les is not in football. When you have the luck we have you are going to make sure that there is no way Duke can get the ball

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The defense was awful, AGAIN! Someone remind Roof the TE is an eligible receiver. I thought Lewis played well, at least he got to play. JT bailed us out. Marshall missed many runs that should have been big gains because he trips on his own feet. Mills is #1 for a reason.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm of the opinion that Marshall really ought to be an a back.

He's got the wheels for it, he's got the hands for it, he's got the 1 cut ability for it.

Mostly though, he's got the temperament for it. He's a guy who wants to bust it long, not a guy who wants to put his head down and get 3.
Not sure about his blocking .

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
this has to be one of the weirdest games I have ever seen. I think the defense actually played the way we needed to and got the necessary turnovers. Had the offense scored off those turnovers, this is a completely different game, but instead, we somehow found ourselves in a shootout... should never have been the case. I don't blame this on the defense, and call it a team blunder.

We were able pull of the W, though, and I hope the team learns from this. Looking forward to next week!

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Do you blame him. We averaged 10 yards per play on offense and people want to blame CPJ. Our D is pathetic. We gave up damn near 600 yards and 35 points. We couldn't even get lined up twice on the goal line and had to burn timeouts. Roof is getting paid $750,000 + a year. He is terrible, his scheme doesn't work with our players, and we are bottom 10 in the country on 3rd down defense. He needs to go.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I just got back from the game and I feel like I just stepped out of the Twilight Zone, this why.....

> Up 28 - 7 at the end of the first half :)
> Down 35-31 4th quarter :(
> Won 38-35 :woot:
> Sun Burned up, 88 degrees/12 noon start and it's October 29 :arghh:
> Gators up 14-10 over Georgie (y)
> FBI re-opens criminal case against Hillary :ROFLMAO:

But I guess all that matters is 38 is more than 35, last year we lose this game, Don't worry, Be happy, life is good, but short,

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
A Herculean effort by JT today. Great job by the O-line with pass protection. Defense wasn't very good but they did get the stop on Duke's last possession. Overall, I'm really impressed by the way the team dealt with adversity. Hopefully, we can have more people in the stands for the last home game.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do you blame him. We averaged 10 yards per play on offense and people want to blame CPJ. Our D is pathetic. We gave up damn near 600 yards and 35 points. We couldn't even get lined up twice on the goal line and had to burn timeouts. Roof is getting paid $750,000 + a year. He is terrible, his scheme doesn't work with our players, and we are bottom 10 in the country on 3rd down defense. He needs to go.

People want to blame the head coach because our defense has sucked his entire time here? You don't say.