Duke/GT 10/5 set for an 8pm kick on ACC Network

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Wouldn't you have loved to have Due's schedule to date. I believe our schedules were chosen for ticket sales, not Ws and Ls ( unfortunately). Maybe Batt will do a better job.
Our difficult games so far are ACC games, so I don't believe we had much of a say in that. ND also was set according to the ACC agreement.

On the games we could actually control we scheduled a G5 and a FCS team. Unlucky scheduling this year but will hopefully even out next year.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Unlucky scheduling this year but will hopefully even out next year.

Good thing about a tough schedule is if one wins enough then you are a shoo in for the playoff.

It's also a really good opportunity for building an identity as team that always plays hard, never quits, and keeps grinding no matter what. Never feels sorry for itself. Controls what it can control. Will show us in no uncertain terms what we need to take the next step, workwise, talentwise, coachingwise, etc.

I like our team and our coaches. We will get better this year and continue to play hard. May get us to a bowl, may not. Just gotta keep working.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Not this year as they are considered an OOC game. That makes VMI, Ga State, uga and ND as our OCC.
It’s OOC, correct, but the ACC and ND negotiated an agreement for ND to play 5 ACC opponents every season a decade or so ago. I think who the 5 opponents are effectively cycles around. We had no say in scheduling them after we agreed to that contract back in 2013.

The buy games/series in our locus of control are:

Colorado - @ in 2025, vs. in 2026
Gardner-Webb - vs. in 2025
Temple - vs. in 2025 (might be a part of our deal that sent us to get destroyed in Philly during TFG's tenure, can't remember)
Georgia State - @ in 2026 as part of a home-and-home that we won this year
Arkansas State - vs. in 2027 as a one-off buy game - we will not travel to Arkansas for a return game
Alabama - vs. in 2030, @ in 2031 as part of a home-and-home

Scheduling could get wonky with realignment but our schedules are set for next year. 2026/2027 we still need to schedule an FCS opponent.

Last edited:

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s OOC, correct, but the ACC and ND negotiated an agreement for ND to play 5 ACC opponents every season a decade or so ago. I think who the 5 opponents are effectively cycles around. We had no say in scheduling them after we agreed to that contract back in 2013.

Temple - vs. in 2025 (might be a part of our deal that sent us to get destroyed in Philly during TFG's tenure, can't remember)
Arkansas State - vs. in 2027 as a one-off buy game - we will not travel to Arkansas for a return game

Scheduling could get wonky with realignment but our schedules are set for next year. 2026/2027 we still need to schedule an FCS opponent.
Side note but I'm curious if Georgia State will open up additional seats or take the tarps off the upper deck for the 2026 game. I don't see the 24k they have as sufficient space.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I like our team and our coaches. We will get better this year and continue to play hard. May get us to a bowl, may not. Just gotta keep working.
Brick by brick. But faster would make the fan base happier....
Octopus Brick GIF

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Side note but I'm curious if Georgia State will open up additional seats or take the tarps off the upper deck for the 2026 game. I don't see the 24k they have as sufficient space.
Given the production costs to open up the upper deck, I suspect they'll probably be okay with 24k. Even though we were States biggest basketball game of 2022-23 and effectively the grand opening of their new arena, they still only sold 4,000 tickets (granted our football game against Miami partially conflicted with that). They got 3,300 for the Southern game that season. They still only managed to sell a hair under 19,000 tickets for State/Southern football in 2022. Under 18,000 tickets for their biggest game of the season against UNC.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck

I think Notre Dame has significant control of their 5 ACC games. Many tend to be in neutral sites. Also after this year, the next 2 against ND are in South Bend (2027 and 2029). Our next home games against them are 2032 and 2036. Who knows on the out years if the ACC agreement with ND or the ACC is even around.