Duke Game Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've had low expectations for this game for years, but I'll say this... Charles Mitchell could be a huge wild card tomorrow. He'll have a chip on his shoulder from the near miss last year when he was at Maryland.

Sidenote - ESPN Classic is showing at least 3 old GT vs. dook games tomorrow.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
"Tech has a minus-0.42 "Luck" rating, KenPom.com's measure of a team's number of close games and its success in them. The Jackets rank No. 273 in that category, or to look at it another way, the 78th unluckiest team in the country."

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This game is another chance for us to show something if we are truly just a made bucket or two away. If we get get blown out, that narrative is hogwash. The line is 17.5, so a win is just not likely. But we need to make this game close enough that K has that ugly scowl on his face mid-way through the second half. Anything under ten points is a victory of sorts. 25+ is a huge defeat.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
My biggest wish is that our guys just play like there's nothing to lose.

I'll be there pulling for a GT win.

Whoa you scored a ticket at Cameron? I've always wanted to watch a game there in person...esp a Tech win. Though this yr I'm just hoping they're not blown out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa you scored a ticket at Cameron? I've always wanted to watch a game there in person...esp a Tech win. Though this yr I'm just hoping they're not blown out.
More like GTSwarm is legit and scored a media credential :cool:

For what it's worth I have a friend in Duke grad school who said Duke's dirty little secret is that not all games at Cameron sell out. We'll see if that's the case tomorrow. Perhaps I misunderstood too and he was just referring to the grad student section.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Sweet! Hope you have a great time. I checked the prices on stubhub one time ....think the cheapest ticket was around $350.00. Hope the guys give you something good to write about. See if you can get the story on what Sauliman did to piss off coach k so badly.