Driven

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Every game it seemed somebody stepped up bigtime.Thats what it takes.
You don't go undefeated w/o a top QB-Shawn was it.
The Def had 3 special players -DE-M Coleman, LB-Tiggle and DB-Willie clay( had one of best db seasons ever at Tech I've seen in 60 yrs)
The team had the best WR groups maybe ever at Tech,plus the backs could catch
-I wish a DEF guy would have been there in person with Ralph and others

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree KS outgrew his position. I think the muscle he added from soph to sr seasons hurt his flexibility. Wasn't quite as good in coverage as his Jr season. Was he also dinged up a bit sr year? Seems like he might have been.

Willy big play Clay and the other corner (name escapes me at moment) were a very good CB combo. Our SS (Marcus Coleman?) was good too, at lead from my recollection.

But I won't argue. This year's secondary might be better as a unit. Time + natty memories may make my recollection a bit inflated.
KS had a terrible high ankle sprain his senior year. It happened on the opening kickoff of the Kickoff Classic.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wasn't that against Clemson his sophomore year?
He did get injured in '90 also (it may have been Clemson, I don't remember right now). That had healed and he was 100% to start '91 when he took a terrible sprain.

He came back to early in 1990, IIRC, because he wanted to help the team. He was always a team-first guy, a great leader. And it's been said before here but when he tackled someone they knew it!