Driven

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
i watched the 1990 championship show last night. Thought it was a really good show. Couple of take aways:
1) Ross gave credit to coaching continuity - Check for '15
2) Had lots of good depth that had grown up - check
3) team had a leader (swilling) that believed they could win it all - check
4) kids had bought into Ross and his system. He was a good coach w good assistants - check
5) had some good breaks - yet to be determined
6) Had a lot of alpha males on the team per Marco. That I don't know about.

I forgot how many good players were on that team, how strong Bell ran, and how young Jones was. I know we had a blast in Orlando though. Those were good times.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I honestly feel a national championship is very likely and an undefeated season is not out of reach. Our guys just have to continue to buy in an execute, the sooner the better. I this we are in store for a very very special season and I can't wait.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Gonna play the comparison game.
-Marco Coleman: an elite pass rusher. Freeman may be before he's done but he's not elite yet.
-LB: probably the weakness of both Ds, but I'll give the edge again to 90 bc of Calvin Tiggle who was very good.
-secondary: '90 guys proved themselves, the current crop could be just as good imo.
-DT: edge goes to '90 again. Coleman Rudolph absolutely balled for us. Kevin Battle was a tank. This year's group could prove just as good but will have to play close to their ceiling.

Hell, I don't need this year's D to be as good as the 90 D. We just need to be better than last year.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought it was well done too. Pretty cool to see Ralph get emotional about winning the MNC. I think he'll always have a soft spot for GT. One thing I've often thought is Shawn Jones doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Everybody is quick to talk about Lil' Joe & Goose (& deservedly so) but Shawn was really good too! Fast, athletic, strong arm & threw well on the run.

One more similarity between '90 & '15 is both have clutch kickers! This season can't get here fast enough!

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
I forgot to record it. I'm assuming it isn't available online anywhere, but can someone post it if it is?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
i watched the 1990 championship show last night. Thought it was a really good show. Couple of take aways:
1) Ross gave credit to coaching continuity - Check for '15
2) Had lots of good depth that had grown up - check
3) team had a leader (swilling) that believed they could win it all - check
4) kids had bought into Ross and his system. He was a good coach w good assistants - check
5) had some good breaks - yet to be determined
6) Had a lot of alpha males on the team per Marco. That I don't know about.

I forgot how many good players were on that team, how strong Bell ran, and how young Jones was. I know we had a blast in Orlando though. Those were good times.

Oh did we have a blast in Orlando. And not just because somebody was setting off firecrackers in our hotel room at 3 in the morning, either. We ran into John Dewberry at some bar and had a few cold ones with him. He had some good stories.

Yup. I think the pieces are there to make a run this year, just gotta' play and win the games.
I just wished we had last year schedule this year. Yea I know that is the sissy way out but we could really be in good shape come December. I like the fact that ND and FSU are on the schedule but I would much rather play FSU in the championship game and ND in a playoff or bowl game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was well done too. Pretty cool to see Ralph get emotional about winning the MNC. I think he'll always have a soft spot for GT. One thing I've often thought is Shawn Jones doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Everybody is quick to talk about Lil' Joe & Goose (& deservedly so) but Shawn was really good too! Fast, athletic, strong arm & threw well on the run.

One more similarity between '90 & '15 is both have clutch kickers! This season can't get here fast enough!
What struck me most was Jones' ability to throw on the run. He put heat on it and contrary to most QBs actually held his form in doing it. Even the good ones look kind of awkward trying to throw and move at the same time. You're right about him.