Dodd Coach of the Year

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The criteria to win the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year award is based on more than on-field results.

From the website - “Named for legendary Georgia Tech coach Bobby Dodd, The Dodd Trophy was established in 1976 to honor the FBS football coach whose program represents three pillars of success: Scholarship, Leadership and Integrity. The award honors the coach of a team with a successful season on the field and equally as important, stresses the importance of academic excellence and desire to give back to the community.“

A debate around the winner should include the merits of Shaw vs Monken vs Frost vs whomever as it relates to the classroom and community service, in addition to their football record.

http://www.thedoddtrophy.com

You did say "Integrity" as one of the prominent criteria in the selection of the Dodd Trophy? Well, that would just about eliminate most of the current SEC and a large swath of the football factories. Can you imagine, say Ed Orgeron winning this award. Christ, he would sell his mother to win a football game or get a prized recruit.

Deleted member 2897

You did say "Integrity" as one of the prominent criteria in the selection of the Dodd Trophy? Well, that would just about eliminate most of the current SEC and a large swath of the football factories. Can you imagine, say Ed Orgeron winning this award. Christ, he would sell his mother to win a football game or get a prized recruit.

Speaking of integrity, look at a guy we just offered - LB. read through his tweets and replies from his parents. He had gotten an offer from uGA and committed. Then when he was ready to sign, they told him they wouldn’t accept it. Kirby “Smart” and the rest of the SEC (except maybe Vanderbilt) are pure trash. I’ve told my kids I will be open to any school they want to go to - except for SEC schools (minus Vanderbilt). I blackballed the entire conference. They are all a big joke.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The criteria to win the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year award is based on more than on-field results.

From the website - “Named for legendary Georgia Tech coach Bobby Dodd, The Dodd Trophy was established in 1976 to honor the FBS football coach whose program represents three pillars of success: Scholarship, Leadership and Integrity. The award honors the coach of a team with a successful season on the field and equally as important, stresses the importance of academic excellence and desire to give back to the community.“

A debate around the winner should include the merits of Shaw vs Monken vs Frost vs whomever as it relates to the classroom and community service, in addition to their football record.

http://www.thedoddtrophy.com
In "classroom" Monken wins hands down. He of course is backed in attendance demands by the words "court martial", but regardless. "Community"? It is a military academy, and it is the community and right now if he will enlist they'll make him a general. He wins again. Football records? Those other guys ran the marathon. Monken ran it toting a refrigerator. My guy wins it all.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That is ridiculous. He would not do such a thing. She is for rent, however.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Without another relevant thread to put this in, I'll just leave this right here:

The two methods have clear differences. Brewer’s risk profile used adjusted cash flow generated by the programs, incorporated historical performance and rankings, attendance, proximity to and association with the nearest “major league” town or franchise, school reputational quality, and power conference affiliation. By diving in a bit deeper, Brewer’s valuations painted a different picture of college football’s powerhouses.

As for the two teams colliding tonight on the gridiron, Alabama came in fourth on Brewer’s list valued at $900 million. Georgia was eighth at $822 million. Will the Tide roll past the Bulldogs once again?

Price tags aside, which team are you pulling for in the title game? Leave your pick in the comments....

http://blog.aicpa.org/2018/01/whats...llege-football-team.html#sthash.eQ5rWzYO.dpbs

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of integrity, look at a guy we just offered - LB. read through his tweets and replies from his parents. He had gotten an offer from uGA and committed. Then when he was ready to sign, they told him they wouldn’t accept it. Kirby “Smart” and the rest of the SEC (except maybe Vanderbilt) are pure trash. I’ve told my kids I will be open to any school they want to go to - except for SEC schools (minus Vanderbilt). I blackballed the entire conference. They are all a big joke.

When my daughter was going off to college 10 years ago, she briefly flirted with the idea of going to UGA because of a couple of friends. My response which was a bit harsh to be sure, was: first you need a higher class of friends and second you may attend UGA but it will be on your own dime. She ended up going to Berry College and got a very good education. OK, it did cost me a fortune but keeping her away from the Cesspool was worth the money.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
When my daughter was going off to college 10 years ago, she briefly flirted with the idea of going to UGA because of a couple of friends. My response which was a bit harsh to be sure, was: first you need a higher class of friends and second you may attend UGA but it will be on your own dime. She ended up going to Berry College and got a very good education. OK, it did cost me a fortune but keeping her away from the Cesspool was worth the money.
For definition see entry "Hate" in Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, or "Cesspool" in Thesaurus.