Do you believe m bob or not about our options

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No I don't wish for the best. The worst thing that could happen is he does well enough to fool the shmucks who bought his spiel the first time into thinking he could possibly be the guy. And that won't take much at all. I hope there is a mass exodus of transfers and the bottom falls out next year. I don't want our incompetent administration to have a choice in the matter this time next year.

All I can say to this is wow.. Pretty piss poor perspective for what is supposed to be your team and program. I want "my" team to win every game despite any other variables in play.

Should that occur, that would only make it more difficult to dig out of the hole and then hire a good coach when we are able.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'll admit that there are more factors than normal when dealing with CBG that MBob has to navigate, but how he's gone about it makes you question whether being the GT AD has put him squarely into the Peter Principle.

This is what scares me the most. Not this decision, but the decisions to come the next few years....

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer

• Regarding last spot for 2015: “We want to make sure that last spot is somebody that makes a difference,” Bobinski said.
  • The Jackets will have home games with Duke, Miami, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest and on the road against Boston College, Florida State, North Carolina N.C. State and Syracuse.
  • Bobinski said he met multiple times with CFO Marvin Lewis and concluded that the budget could absorb the $2.4 million that Gregory would have been owed over the next three years had he been fired.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
All I can say to this is wow.. Pretty piss poor perspective for what is supposed to be your team and program. I want "my" team to win every game despite any other variables in play.

Should that occur, that would only make it more difficult to dig out of the hole and then hire a good coach when we are able.

And I want what's best for the program. Which means gregory as far away from it as possible. Unfortunately the incompetence of the administration has shown that it'll take nothing but a complete and utter disaster to make that happen.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
And I want what's best for the program. Which means gregory as far away from it as possible. Unfortunately the incompetence of the administration has shown that it'll take nothing but a complete and utter disaster to make that happen.
Further away than Hewitt?

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
If he says so, I believe him. I wish more fans would put a little more trust in M Bob. Let's not forget he used to chair the NCAAM Tournament Selection Committee. He knows basketball.

Also, let's not forget all the good he's done since he got here:
-Improved marketing and branding for GT sports
-Larger recruiting budget/staff for football
-Extended PJ's contract and gave his staff more money

I know people complain about how CPJ's contract was handled. The thing is CPJ never said he was worried about it, and it got done. What's there to really complain about?

M Bob is the right man for the job, and we should be thankful we have him. Don't let the frustration of a crappy season cloud your judgment.

Last edited:

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If he says so, I believe him. I wish more fans would put a little more trust in M Bob. Let's not forget he used to chair the NCAAM Tournament Selection Committee. He knows basketball.

Also, let's not forget all the good he's done since he got here:
-Improved marketing and branding for GT sports
-Larger recruiting budget/staff for football
-Extended PJ's contract and gave his staff more money

I know people complain about how CPJ's contract was handled. The thing is CPJ never said he was worried about it, and it got done. What's there to really complain about?

M Bob is the right man for the job, and we should be thankful we have him. Don't let the frustration of a crappy season cloud your judgment.

I will say we're lucky that CPJ really wants to be at Tech.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
If you were in MBob's shoes, in what situations would you have done the same thing?

I don't know why he did it, or if he should have. It's not what I expected, though I thought there was a chance. I have to wonder how much improvement next year is enough; a NCAA year seems impossible, but I can't see Gregory saving his job by making the NIT.
I can.

That said, if that were to happen we would have an NIT appearance and two more years off the buyout burden.

I'm with RamblinRed. Suck it up, keep CBG three years, pay off the foul buyouts and then have the money to rebuild the program solidly and properly.

Three years of eating potatoes and bologna while paying off credit cards have enabled families to make solid new, and wiser, starts, too.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
"...point guard Travis Jorgenson was still recovering from his ACL tear and backup Josh Heath, Bobinski said, was playing with a hernia."

First time I have seen anything on Heath and playing injured.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I can.

That said, if that were to happen we would have an NIT appearance and two more years off the buyout burden.

I'm with RamblinRed. Suck it up, keep CBG three years, pay off the foul buyouts and then have the money to rebuild the program solidly and properly.

Three years of eating potatoes and bologna while paying off credit cards have enabled families to make solid new, and wiser, starts, too.

the problem is--it is bound to be more than 3 yrs as recruiting goes to crap,, it takes hiring a new coach then and having enough time to develop HIS team ,almost certainly (2 yrs minimum?) , now we are at FIVE yrs and still nothing is guaranteed even then--I got money that says if PG stays 3 more yrs,he will never have a winning record in conf

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
the problem is--it is bound to be more than 3 yrs as recruiting goes to crap,, it takes hiring a new coach then and having enough time to develop HIS team ,almost certainly (2 yrs minimum?) , now we are at FIVE yrs and still nothing is guaranteed even then--I got money that says if PG stays 3 more yrs,he will never have a winning record in conf

This is absolutely correct and what I am now prepared for. If he is here three more years, the true rebuild starts in year 4.
As I mentioned in a previous thread you might as well call the 2010's the lost decade - that is what it is going to be. All because we were incredibly incompetent in financial management.

The only out for this is if Gregory leaves on his own before then (so the buyout is triggered) and then folks step up to decide to get rid of Hewitt's buyout.

Changing Gregory's buyout and Hewitt's buyout will have the effect of damaging the program for a decade.

Butler22

Georgia Tech Fan
Boslinski is a toolbag. Plain and simple. He is terrible with handling the alumni / fans. He needs to go and they need to elevate Bamford or Lewis

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
MBob did what he is paid to do. Look at every single aspect of the situation.

If CBG should be fired after 4 years (one without a home court), then Price would have had to be fired after, probably, 2 seasons.

We are lucky MBob has not told a lot of so called GT fans to FO and gone elsewhere.

As far as who is lying, it would have to be a lot of GT "fans" who are actually just blowhards. They go around talking about how smart we are and how much money a GT degree is worth, and then turn around and say we have no money.

It is not MBob telling the lies.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Sounds like it to me too peacone, I'm from the Atlanta area grew up a jacket fan and ending Atlanta, I don't post muchb in the bball section much because my mother taught me if u can't say nothing good do say it at all, I do believe this ifs a problem that will hinder us from recruiting any talent to by in bball, as a recruit y come to school with a loner coach who may not be there when u get there. Recruits are really fickle these days to situations like these, it's good for the recruits to see the transparency in these situations and I think this situation is not clear enough to the public, what do u think bg is telling the 2016 recruits because I would ask. U don't wanna not know what your roll will be with a new coach to be named later. Jmo

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seems like a lot of GT fans deserve someone with no experience, like say curry, leading our AA into bankruptcy.

All we hear is how smart GT men are and 20 to 25 % are millionaires - and we have no money? Bull****.

And people think that MBob is making these decisions on his own without answering to his boss?

We bring in CBG with no home court, with a recent history of players that are accused murderers, a team with piss poor academics. Bunch of crap.

I hope to hell you nancies do stay the hell away from our program. Absolute biggest, candy *** big cry in the history of college athletics.

But there will be some of us to make up your void, not because of a loyalty to CBG, but to our athletes and GEORGIA TECH.

@TheSilasSonRising,

Your commentary is a generally weak with little foundation and here's why.
  1. Short of those who didn't like the hire from the get go, I doubt there are many who didn't give BG a complete & utter mulligan for year 1. The no home court argument Year 1 has come & gone. Nobody faults him for that year's record and quite frankly, it was a selling tool on the recruiting trail that kids had a new arena to look forward to. I'd also point out that at the time, it was spun that the kids would get to play in an NBA arena.
  2. After 3 years and now having ALL HIS GUYS, he's shown an inability to consistently recruit at a high level (something many were concerned about day one) and convey winning in-game/end-of-game tactics. I will give BG 100% credit for the great job he's done in righting the ship academically, but if that's the #1 thing to judge him on, we may as well downsize to a single revenue sport.
  3. The idea we have no money is a misnomer. The GTAA & the GT Foundation do in fact have money. However, Bobinski was mandated to raise additional funds for buyout purposes and not use the existing funds on hand. In going to the same old boosters and not developing relationships with new boosters, they had no interest in bailing him out.
  4. Throwing in mention of Javaris Crittenton is a diversion & foolish at that. He was a good kid by all accounts while at GT and fell in with the wrong crowd once in the NBA. It's actually a pretty sad story - http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/2014/06/30/javaris-crittenton
  5. While you bring up Critt, you fail to mention BG's not all together great track record of working with those having potential character issues. I wish Solomon Poole would've worked out and I suspect there's a story there that we'll never know, but he had suspension & attitude issues in High School, taking him caused us to miss on both Monte Morris (arguably best college PG in the nation) & Tim Quarterman (very good combo guard at LSU that was Poole's AAU teammate & didn't want to play with him). Then let's talk about London Warren, BG's former player who was driving Glen Rice Jr's car drunk while a gun went off in Midtown Atlanta. I won't even bother with a couple of other incidents that are well-known.
  6. There have been few if any comments about not supporting our student-athletes. Most people want to see them succeed regardless of who's in the chair.
  7. BG is gonna be in that chair for now. Time for him to get in the kitchen and start whipping up some pudding on the recruiting trail & the offensive game plan. It's been made very public what his success factors are going forward and the short leash he's on. Final chance to prove something and, in the process, the majority of us who think he's in over his head. I'd also note that even the biggest BG detractors have nothing personal against him, think he's a good dude, and want to see him succeed, because that means GT is succeeding. Winning cures everything.
  8. Finally, up until recently, I don't really feel like you've been much part of the hoops conversation on this board. Many new additions have cropped up during this period quite frankly, but while I respect your constitutional right to retort to those down on the program and our head coach, for you to come in to this forum and start lambasting the broader population undermines your credibility, of which you have little to begin with as part of the board's hoops conversation. It wouldn't be impossible to frame up your comments against the general consensus in a more respectful manner, as perhaps someone will consider listening to you.
I could've responded in a nasty manner with expletives and I really thought about doing so. Instead, I just decided to undermine your various points of view with real arguments. Either join the discussion with respect or see yourself left out of the discussion as people start hitting the ignore button. The choice is yours.

Best regards,

A 16-year season ticket holder who plans to renew his season tickets again next year and has never once stopped supporting our student-athletes, even when their perimeter defense has been shaky, they've been turnover prone, or they've taken an ill-advised shot, because their strong efforts have earned my resolute respect.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nice post @dtm1997. Nothing wrong with dissenting opinions but I agree there's no need to belittle folks. Everyone is on edge and venting based on the situation lately so folks also need to realize not to take so much so literally. Maybe it's just me.

Also, for the record, I do not give cBG a mulligan for season 1 but that's neither here nor water under the bridge. ;)