DJ in the student section/something new for the team run-out

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Just came back from the game. Was getting burnt to a crisp so I left early... Ok so on every 3rd down, they annouce "IT'S MONEEEYYYY DOWNNNN!!!".
You know what, let's just go back to calling it third down please? I really don't want to be like Miami Thug U.

Gotta say, I have a strong rule to never leave games early. That said hope you and all who came with are alright I know it was hot there.

Did you notice the hat we did new for the team run out to start the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
The Reck used to smash through a paper banner on the way out with the cheerleaders running in front of it and the players running behind it.
Now there wasn't a banner anymore and the cheerleaders were behind, followed by the players

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I stayed the entire game, and I didn't like the money down crap either. In fact all I heard around me were objections to it, from both old, like me, and young. I also didn't like the "IT'S THIRRRRRDDD DOWNNNN" crap from the last several years either.

Add me to the list of people who were annoyed by it. I think for me it was the fact that it was EVERY THIRD DOWN. It might, “might” be more tolerable if it was here and there, but the way it was, it just felt forced, like they are trying too hard with it.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I stayed the entire game, and I didn't like the money down crap either. In fact all I heard around me were objections to it, from both old, like me, and young. I also didn't like the "IT'S THIRRRRRDDD DOWNNNN" crap from the last several years either.

I completely agree with you on this one. I am in my early 50's but I think I'm pretty open to new ideas and accepting of different things. But even I don't care for the "money down" thing and I also didn't care for the "It's THIIRRRDDDD DOWNNN" stuff. I think if we look out our windows we might see some pigs flying by because this might be the first time I've completely agreed with you :ROFLMAO:

Milwaukee

Banned
So we replaced the 3rd down beautiful/HYPE as **** f-tune from our great band with a song over the pa?? The f-tune on 3rd downs (big downs) at Bobby Dodd is special. And now we’ve lost it apparently.

Tell me this is a joke please.

Milwaukee

Banned
I also noticed the fresh prince of bel air theme blaring over the PA. I’m sure that was hot in Philly at Temple but we don’t wanna hear that ****. If you’re gonna play some pop themes then make it an Atlanta theme. I love Fresh Prince as much as the next guy but we don’t wanna hear that during our games Geoff.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I also noticed the fresh prince of bel air theme blaring over the PA. I’m sure that was hot in Philly at Temple but we don’t wanna hear that ****. If you’re gonna play some pop themes then make it an Atlanta theme. I love Fresh Prince as much as the next guy but we don’t wanna hear that during our games Geoff.

Yeah I wasn’t crazy about the FPoBA either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I like the 404 deal and the branding we are trying to accomplish. I just don't want us turning our games into circus acts. You can keep our tradition while building a brand.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Chords builds so much tension and was so great for getting the crowd hyped on 3rd down. The new PA songs for 3rd down are absolutely atrocious. They can keep the Money Down line if that helps our brand, but give us back Chords.

Also stop playing Murray State scoring and turnover highlights during the middle of a ****ing dog fight against USF. Worry about winning your own damn game before you celebrate bad things happening to UGA. Good god. We looked super ****ing C-tier when the crowd was going nuts at a Murray State highlight as we were a yard away from going down 17-14 at home on whiteout day to USF. That's some small, pathetic program ****.

Animal02

Banned
Chords builds so much tension and was so great for getting the crowd hyped on 3rd down. The new PA songs for 3rd down are absolutely atrocious. They can keep the Money Down line if that helps our brand, but give us back Chords.

Also stop playing Murray State scoring and turnover highlights during the middle of a ****ing dog fight against USF. Worry about winning your own damn game before you celebrate bad things happening to UGA. Good god. We looked super ****ing C-tier when the crowd was going nuts at a Murray State highlight as we were a yard away from going down 17-14 at home on whiteout day to USF. That's some small, pathetic program ****.
How does "money down" build a brand if it is used by many as others have mentioned?

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
So we replaced the 3rd down beautiful/HYPE as **** f-tune from our great band with a song over the pa?? The f-tune on 3rd downs (big downs) at Bobby Dodd is special. And now we’ve lost it apparently.

Tell me this is a joke please.
Where did you hear that? I saw on TV that the kids in the student section were still doing the arms up and wiggling fingers thing so I assume they still played that.
Let's not jump to conclusions