DeVon hopes to transfer to Miami

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Just shook up UVA's QB. Hit him with the crown of the helmet on his chin. No call by refs right in front of them where it would normally have been roughing the passer all day long.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Watching UVA vs. Duke game and #27 strikes again! Helmet to helmet on UVA QB and guess what no call...must be same refs from our game. QB got up staggered complaining to ref and Mike London jumped all over refs. Obvious illegal hit! This guy needs to be stopped, else he is going to seriously hurt someone and screw up their career. Still waiting response from our AD on whether we did anything about the ankle roll on JT. I hope they show some leadership and backbone on this!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
UVA did have an OL (if I saw correctly) get on top of him and push him the dirt a bit. He responded by grabbing the guy's facemask and jerking his head. It all happened in front of a ref

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
It seems as if ESPN has spoken... Giving Jameis and FSU all the trouble they can handle and giving DUKE darling status. Sickening... Duke football is Duke football. Regardless of who ESPN chooses. Cant let that affect ur judgement as a ref. Seems odd that these things happen 2 weeks in a row and sorry Duke comes up with 2 wins.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Like PJ commented, Duke just plays smart defense. They don't have amazing personnel, but they play mistake-free and make the other team earn their yards and points.

I never thought I'd say this - but I wish GT played defense like Duke!!!!! That's certainly something we can do with out personnel.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Like PJ commented, Duke just plays smart defense. They don't have amazing personnel, but they play mistake-free and make the other team earn their yards and points.

I never thought I'd say this - but I wish GT played defense like Duke!!!!! That's certainly something we can do with out personnel.
I don't want us playing dirty and being coached to hurt the opposing players deliberately. If I wanted to watch that I'd watch usic.

Otherwise I agree with you.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer

I agree with this, however a huge reason we lost to Duke was because of their Safety Jeremy Cash. He is an Ohio State transfer, and is the heart of that D. When you have someone of that talent making plays as the leader of the D, it helps compensate for lack of talent in other areas. I really feel like he was the difference in the Duke game, he would be one of the top 3 players on our program if not the best.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Nope......saw it when I played in HS.....and there was that issue with the Saints.......so to believe it doesn't happen at the college level is just sticking your head in the sand.
I'm referring to the college game in 2014. Playing hard football is one thing but coaching your players to hurt someone to the point that they could be seriously hurt, possibly for life, (while not completely out of the realm of possibility) is probably not done on any significant scale. I'll bet it's not taught by PJ...nor David Cutcliff. Nor Mark Richt.