DeVon hopes to transfer to Miami

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
@Pj4prez01 can you tell me what quarter he did it to smelter?

I went back and watched the play and it was a different db and not as bad. The play I was referencing was smelters smoke route around 12:00 left in first quarter. The guy tackled him by wrapping up his foot and holding on, but didn't do the death roll.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol. No offense, but you remind me of Fred Rodgers in your avatar pic.

01-portrait-600px-tall82.jpg
Fred Rogers kicked ***.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I strongly believe that the team, or someone on the team should completely goon up immediately and in the heat of the moment when seeing this and have jumped on that pos then and there and tried to take him out of the game. It is like in baseball or hockey policing it yourself and getting each others backs but you need to do so immediately.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I don't if this pisses me off more: Waller just watches it happen and walks merrily by.
To me, that's kinda' gray. Waller seems to be looking more to his left and not right at the most egregious part of the death roll. Once it's obvious (to me, at least) that Waller is looking at it, the worst part is complete and the DBag is letting go of JT's leg.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I strongly believe that the team, or someone on the team should completely goon up immediately and in the heat of the moment when seeing this and have jumped on that pos then and there and tried to take him out of the game. It is like in baseball or hockey policing it yourself and getting each others backs but you need to do so immediately.

exactly, this has to be dealt with or it's going to keep happening. with examples like ugag taking out Nesbitt, ugag bodyslamming Godhigh, and now the deliberate injury to JT- our team needs to realize that these are targeting type attacks on their brothers and needs to be dealt with on the field in such a way as to put fear into other teams/players who might attack or target our players in the future.

And i very much want for us to be a clean and classy program which i believe in my heart that we are in spades, but if someone deliberatily attacks and injures one of ours then we imo should retaliate in like or worse fashion

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer

In theory, this sounds good but it is always the one throwing the second punch that gets caught. Now, if we had a true "hatchet man" that could come in to take care of business and we be OK if he is ejected...:cool: :confused: :cool:

But as a few others have said, we shouldn't stoop to that level but punish the offender by pounding on him every play but by the rules.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
In theory, this sounds good but it is always the one throwing the second punch that gets caught. Now, if we had a true "hatchet man" that could come in to take care of business and we be OK if he is ejected...:cool: :confused: :cool:

But as a few others have said, we shouldn't stoop to that level but punish the offender by pounding on him every play but by the rules.
I have no problem with the penalty or ejection for retaliation against a player deliberately trying to injure one of ours, especially our QB. That is a cowardly move on Duke's part and should be dealt with as soon as possible.

If the refs would eject that ankle roller or the ACC fine the head coach and defensive coordinator and suspend such players for at least 2 games then one could take the high road. But only the NFL is showing the ability to try and police deliberate attempts to injure the opposition.

Therefore, such cowardly acts are the opponent "picking a fight" and I want my team to never start a fight but to finish them both decisively and quickly. That doesn't mean just taking that ankle roller to the ground every chance you get . . . to my thinking that is ongoing vengeance and doesn't end anything in a just manner. I would rather see at least one guy go over and pounce on the dude and pummel him then and there when it happens. Get ejected. Fine. You will be a hero to your team and that ankle rolling coward will have gotten the point immediately.

Also, do you think ankle rolling cowardly thugs just get the idea to do that on their own? When a player looses his cool and swings at the opponent that is on the players and their maturity. When a guy deliberately tries to maim and hobble an opponents threatening speedster QB I think it is on the coaching staff. So I now have as little respect for Duke as for UGA.