Derek Mason Leaves Auburn

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Any chance CGC takes a look at adding him to the staff. I remember when he was a very hot commodity at Stanford and a lot of posters around here wanted us to give him a shot.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If Tood is smart, he'll go after him, but I doubt he will. It's a great opportunity because few teams will be looking for a DC at this stage. It would be great to stoke fan interest and cure what ails us. Which means it won't happen, sadly.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I hope so too, but that raises the question of why three years slid by before anything got done about it.

Because everyone got a pass for year one and then they got another one because of covid. I also think Collins underestimated how much help he needed to build this thing and overestimated the patience he would get from the fans. I think these were mistakes. I hope the changes aren't too late.

Last edited:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Frankly, Collins is overrated as a defensive coach.

I don’t know what a lot of folks are smoking.
All I know is what I know, which is nothing. But there's a disconnect between what we've seen out of his defenses at Florida and Mississippi State and what we've seen here.
What we've seen so far here confirms your belief that he's overrated. I hope you're wrong, and I'm sure you do, too. But I suspect you're right.