Denzel Perryman on GT O

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He's right, of course. Coach has been running pretty much the same O since his days at Hawaii. It isn't how new the plays are, it's whether we are running them with the same formations and blocking schemes. And, of course, those change during the game itself, depending on what the D is giving us. Hence the infamous "half-time adjustments" that Coach regularly uses to make life difficult for DCs everywhere.

And, yes, it does help to have better talent at QB. As I suspect da U players have been hearing for most of this week.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why we're making a big deal out of this. This isn't something CPJ hasn't said himself. It's pretty common knowledge we have a core set of plays and we build from it...same with any offense.

I'd rather someone say we run the same play every year than "Good thing they suck at passing!"

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Perryman is the best tackler in the ACC and it probably isn't really that close compared to who is number 2. When he hits you, you go down with little to no YAC. I'll give the guy credit. However, just because the overall scheme isn't different, doesn't mean it isn't a different challenge. Those of us who follow GT FB closely, KNOW, what is going on right now is a LOT different than recent years. He better be on that dive with aggression AND be able to get to the edge quickly, and I mean QUICKLY, or he will find it is going to be a long night. His team will be counting on him to have a game like the VT MLB had. Otherwise, it won't be pretty for UM. IMHO that is a lot to ask. I hope he is up to it......... uhh........let me rephrase that.

The guy can hit, but he is going to be asked to run his a$$ off all night and hit too. Talk is cheap.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Just hope that the other team isn't taking notes on your posterboard; the D will figure out the calls. (I agree that the hunh with posterboard is not a good idea)

I think it'd be fun to have a posterboard out that has nothing to do with anything. Stick fluid dynamics or Maxwell's equations on them, and see what the commentators have to say. At the end of the season, tell a press conference that you were just trying to help the students pass their next test.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think it'd be fun to have a posterboard out that has nothing to do with anything. Stick fluid dynamics or Maxwell's equations on them, and see what the commentators have to say. At the end of the season, tell a press conference that you were just trying to help the students pass their next test.

thanks for the post. I laughed. and think it is a brilliant idea.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Lol, you could put basic long division on there and stump half the broadcast booths in the country.

"I think it's calculus, Loran. Whaddya got."

"Naw Larry, itz my cell phone numbah ..."

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
He's right, of course. Coach has been running pretty much the same O since his days at Hawaii. It isn't how new the plays are, it's whether we are running them with the same formations and blocking schemes. And, of course, those change during the game itself, depending on what the D is giving us. Hence the infamous "half-time adjustments" that Coach regularly uses to make life difficult for DCs everywhere.

And, yes, it does help to have better talent at QB. As I suspect da U players have been hearing for most of this week.

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Coach has been running the same offense longer than Hawaii. He created his version in 1985 at ga southern. You make a good point about adjustments and good players. Coach has seen pretty much all the defenses they can throw at him. It is matter if we can make the adjustments execute and if we have the talent.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he would be right about the prep work for a defense needing to be the same, ie covering all possible plays going back to Georgia Southern in the mid 80's, but I don't think the plays actually run are completely the same year to year.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I can't remember how often we ran that rollout run/pass play last year (the one we were killing VT with). I'd like to see some more of that. Anything that puts JT5 on the move in space is a good thing. We haven't broken a long TD run once this year have we? Snoddy got knocked out at the 5, Perkins had a 60+ yarder fall short, and JT5's 80- yarder got called back. Hoping he breaks one this weekend - send the crowd into a frenzy.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I can assure you the crowd will be in a frenzy if we score from 5 out or 50 out. Just score and score more the UM.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I would say something but Denzel is one of the baddest people I know. That man can straight up hit. To this day hardest hit I've ever seen in person was him playing high school. Nice guy too, could have left to the league to get money to help his child but he stayed an extra year for the degree.

I can't remember how often we ran that rollout run/pass play last year (the one we were killing VT with). I'd like to see some more of that. Anything that puts JT5 on the move in space is a good thing. We haven't broken a long TD run once this year have we? Snoddy got knocked out at the 5, Perkins had a 60+ yarder fall short, and JT5's 80- yarder got called back. Hoping he breaks one this weekend - send the crowd into a frenzy.
The roll out and our offense in general demands that the opposing front seven move sideline to sideline a lot. Even the defenders that are not in the play do a lot of running.

At this point of the season, which roster has more faith in their coaching staff right now, Miami or Georgia Tech?