Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@mattyports: Denzel Perryman on Georgia Tech's offense:
"Same thing. Same thing every year."
No new wrinkles?
"No new tricks. No new plays. No nothing."

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I seem to recall a certain Virginia Tech DB named Cam Chancellor saying something along those same lines in'09...... If memory serves me correctly we made him look like a b!tch that game...... JS

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
@mattyports: Denzel Perryman on Georgia Tech's offense:
"Same thing. Same thing every year."
No new wrinkles?
"No new tricks. No new plays. No nothing."

While that's not totally true (the double option with the A-back going in motion between QB and BB is new), isn't that typically true for all teams who has the same offensive coordinator year after year?

I bet Miami runs the same plays they ran last year too.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
We've scored 66 points against Miami in the last two games.

That seems like a lot of points against a defense that knew exactly what we were up to. Now, imagine if we did add some wrinkles, new plays and some trickeration.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
While that's not totally true (the double option with the A-back going in motion between QB and BB is new), isn't that typically true for all teams who has the same offensive coordinator year after year?

I bet Miami runs the same plays they ran last year too.

Crazy concept, huh? Offenses don't totally revamp themselves over the course of one off-season? Shocking news to Mr. Perryman.

I just hope for one year where reporters stop asking about it and thereby eliciting these inane comments. Maybe we should run the ol' everybody line up then look to the sidelines for the stupid pictures on the posterboard playcall. Ooooo, that's progressive. :rolleyes:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Crazy concept, huh? Offenses don't totally revamp themselves over the course of one off-season? Shocking news to Mr. Perryman.

I just hope for one year where reporters stop asking about it and thereby eliciting these inane comments. Maybe we should run the ol' everybody line up then look to the sidelines for the stupid pictures on the posterboard playcall. Ooooo, that's progressive. :rolleyes:

I see those posters and wonder "wtf does a picture of dumbo the clown have to do with the statue of liberty"

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck

Just hope that the other team isn't taking notes on your posterboard; the D will figure out the calls. (I agree that the hunh with posterboard is not a good idea)

thwgjacket

He's their MLB. If he has a good night, we won't. Hopefully CPJ has some good schemes for getting a hat on him fast.
The guy in the middle for VT had a great game and we still had a good day. If Perryman has a lot of Tackles then we will be fine. If their DT's have a lot of tackles then we are in trouble.