Denzel Perryman on GT O

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I have no problem if the team construes anything Perryman or anyone else at Miami says as a reason to get fired up. But the Miami defense has not really had much success against this offense yet. They have only been able to get nicely timed "big plays" like a sudden tackle of an Aback for a 5 yard loss or intercepting a first down pass on their 20 when the Jackets offense had already driven 55 yards downfield by just running the ball, or a QB coughing up a fumble on a keep in the redzone. They have given up a ton of yards to Tech and more than enough points for us to win some of these games if we ever had any kind of defensive capacity against them. So Perryman isn't really bragging with this statement at all.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
The comments in the OP look a lot worse taken out of context. He's clearly aware of our new threats (mentioned how good JT is) and acknowledged that if they don't play disciplined they will lose.

IMO he's right. We've put up a ton of points on them lately, and I think we'll do it again this weekend. If we limit turnovers and play sound defense we win this game.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Universal truth...reporters ask dumb questions everywhere
Yeah, he kinda needed to give a non-response like he did to that question. He can't say "why yes we noticed they have a tendency to do X or have been running new play Y in such and such down and distances so we have a great gameplan to counter all that."

But I say lets hope the players treat it like Kam Chancellor's "I know what they are gonna do on each play" kind of comment. Get fired up and take it to the Miami d for 4 quarters!

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I think both teams have plenty of faith in their staff. I’ve never heard of anyone in Miami not believing in Al Golden.

You need to look a little harder. There's a decent number of Miami fans who are beginning to sour on the guy.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We are running the same offense for the most part. That is true. Personally, I liked his interview ( thanks for sharing) and it only increased the amount of respect I have for the guy. He is a really good player and he will be in the league. Having said that, if you look back over the last several games, CPJ rarely (pretty much never) gives the same offensive look from game to game. There are always a stable of plays, that we rep for each week, which are hand picked to counter certain defensive tendencies of the upcoming opponent. Although our alignment is very similar each week, the plays we run out of it change quite a bit. IMHO CPJ goes a great deal out of his way to ensure he doesn't follow a pattern in that regard. I am sure the same will be true this week.

We have installed a TON of option plays into our offense, both passing and running. However, it looks to me like we rep a certain groups of plays, with blocking variations, every week to make sure our execution is crisp. If you go back and look at the film, we have emphasized a different group of option plays every week this year.

Perryman is right, the offense hasn't changed. However, the people running it have changed a lot and the group of plays he is likely to go up against this week is certainly unknown. He will be challenged a great deal and, from his interview, I think he knows that. There was nothing inflammatory about it.