Dennis Scott Jersey Retirement

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Jack yes. Iman no.
IIRC, Jarrett Jack graduated about 10 years ago. He did so ostensibly because he promised his mom he'd come back and finish. And he did.

Calvin Johnson (football, I realize it's the wrong forum) has often talked about coming back to finish his degree. I believe Demaryius Thomas was headed that way, too. I know not everyone will come back (and many won't need to do it), but I tend to hope that the notion of "life after basketball" and "life after football" resonates - even with the superstars. Nothing but respect for those who come back and get their degree.

I hope it becomes a trend of Georgia Tech athletes not only excelling on the court/field/diamond/whatever - but also coming back to do the work and finish the academic road they started. The notion that "at Tech, we hold ourselves to a higher standard" is something to be proud of. Nothing but respect for those who put in the effort to finish up.

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
IIRC, Jarrett Jack graduated about 10 years ago. He did so ostensibly because he promised his mom he'd come back and finish. And he did.

Calvin Johnson (football, I realize it's the wrong forum) has often talked about coming back to finish his degree. I believe Demaryius Thomas was headed that way, too. I know not everyone will come back (and many won't need to do it), but I tend to hope that the notion of "life after basketball" and "life after football" resonates - even with the superstars. Nothing but respect for those who come back and get their degree.

I hope it becomes a trend of Georgia Tech athletes not only excelling on the court/field/diamond/whatever - but also coming back to do the work and finish the academic road they started. The notion that "at Tech, we hold ourselves to a higher standard" is something to be proud of. Nothing but respect for those who put in the effort to finish up.
Jarrett did it the right way in Dec 2014