Deion Sanders On The Flats?

slugboy

Staff member
His offense at FAU is #77 in OFEI lol. GT is currently #73.

I don’t know if you’re related to the guy or something but I can assure you that Georgia Tech does not want Willie Taggart running our program.
Since you mention it, we have a few notable opponents topping the FEI lists. Ole Miss is top-tier in offensive and defensive efficiency.
B6088B88-A256-4E75-9C47-30B464F15248.jpeg

Notable to me on offense
  • UGA (opponent)
  • Ole Miss (opponent)
  • UNC (opponent)
  • Coastal Carolina, Army, Air Force, App State (option-friendly offenses)
  • Miss State (Air Raid)

9752d5c3-7dc2-4f17-819c-2e9e2d38ce93-jpeg.13071

UCF and Ole Miss show up on defense, too. Pitt is not surprisingly there. It’s hard to find a coach to acquire on the defensive top-30 FEI list, unless you’re taking a coordinator.

Attachments

• 9752D5C3-7DC2-4F17-819C-2E9E2D38CE93.jpeg
    9752D5C3-7DC2-4F17-819C-2E9E2D38CE93.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 689

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
ofei list is terrible. ND is scoring like 15 ppg and bottom 5 in P5 yards/game but is 36 in ofei? Their coach may not even make it through the season lol

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
ofei list is terrible. ND is scoring like 15 ppg and bottom 5 in P5 yards/game but is 36 in ofei? Their coach may not even make it through the season lol
At week 2, it is still using last season’s data predominately.

I think for early season, you have to look at epa/play metrics honestly and even those won’t be strength of schedule Adjusted this early. It’s part of the issue with football having such a short seasons.

gtrower02

Georgia Tech Fan
I'd love to see some creativity from the Hill/AD. With regards to Deion, part of his motivation for coaching at Jackson State was to encourage black athletes to add value to black colleges instead of primarily/historically white colleges.

Admittedly, I know very little about how the NCAA would feel about it, but with Atlanta's rich HBCU community, why not explore a partnership with Morehouse? Offer athletes degrees from both schools, share football resources, etc.

I think we all can agree that Tech requires a unique solution when it comes to football.

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I'd love to see some creativity from the Hill/AD. With regards to Deion, part of his motivation for coaching at Jackson State was to encourage black athletes to add value to black colleges instead of primarily/historically white colleges.

Admittedly, I know very little about how the NCAA would feel about it, but with Atlanta's rich HBCU community, why not explore a partnership with Morehouse? Offer athletes degrees from both schools, share football resources, etc.

I think we all can agree that Tech requires a unique solution when it comes to football.

I'm not sure how the NCAA would work, but there is dual degree program with the HBCU's now. Many of my friends at Tech spent time at Morehouse or Spelman before getting their engineering degree from Tech.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
i think Deon would be a perfect hire for us right now. Talk about a guy who would lock up Atlanta recruiting, actually make football fans around Atlanta interested in tech, could smooth talk just about anybody on the hill and who would have the energy (or stubbornness) to fight for the football team.

You want a coach to actually go out and tell the truth, Deon is that guy. The only downside to him right now is that he doesn’t have the coordinators around him. But if there is one person that could have connections in the coaching world and could sell a picture of the future to candidates, it’s him