Defensive MVP...................

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
My personal MVPs are JT, and Mills on offense with PJ on defense and Butker for special teams. Love the effort, dedication, and intensity of our team. They did not let Stoops shenanigans upset them and kept their focus. A team win all around. One caveat, I am surprised Kentucky did not throw the ball down field more. Seems like we were getting to the quarterback without getting sacks. As I expected, he was somewhat erratic. I was pleasantly surprised by how we were able to stop their power running game and the "wildcat". D line played tough and linebackers played their gaps.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
My personal MVPs are JT, and Mills on offense with PJ on defense and Butker for special teams. Love the effort, dedication, and intensity of our team. They did not let Stoops shenanigans upset them and kept their focus. A team win all around. One caveat, I am surprised Kentucky did not throw the ball down field more. Seems like we were getting to the quarterback without getting sacks. As I expected, he was somewhat erratic. I was pleasantly surprised by how we were able to stop their power running game and the "wildcat". D line played tough and linebackers played their gaps.
They ( Kentucky) just didn't have that ACC speed.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm just glad we got more aggressive later in the year. Much more fun to watch

I think we brought 5 most plays. Agree on the aggressiveness. I couldn't believe the QB pressure we were getting.

I think it was a team D for MVP. This was one of our best D games of the year. Maybe VT was better; and VT is a much better team than UK. Just ask Arkansas.

As to UK throwing it downfield more, their QB was very inaccurate on the long throws. I don't know if there was a lot of wind but he couldn't get the distance right on most passes.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I think we brought 5 most plays. Agree on the aggressiveness. I couldn't believe the QB pressure we were getting.

I think it was a team D for MVP. This was one of our best D games of the year. Maybe VT was better; and VT is a much better team than UK. Just ask Arkansas.

As to UK throwing it downfield more, their QB was very inaccurate on the long throws. I don't know if there was a lot of wind but he couldn't get the distance right on most passes.
He was very erratic all season.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd give it to Gamble because he ate the Mildcats offensive line for lunch.

Gamble became our most consistent defensive lineman after the Australian finished. He was a 'tweener, and I never expected him to have such a career. He wasn't heavy or stout enough for a true defensive tackle and a step too slow for end. PJ said one time he succeeds through pure toughness.

I hope Ibeebalin's right about us filling his spot. Unless it's Adams with some weight off, I haven't seen who it might be yet.