Film Study Def. Film review vs. UVA

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
They like JT at free safety.
Campbell will probably be starting stinger next season.
Got a lot of youth out there.
They moved Dingle to DE but idk I liked him for ILB. He was a tackling machine in high school. Bruce Swilling per Quinlan had the worst grade of defenders, I wished they would have shirt him for the season.

My eyes tell me different. Not sure what’s going on in practice, but based on the PFF he post every week when BJS gets substantial amount of defensive snaps he grades out well. Both ILB may have been in the Top 10 once all season long

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
JT long strides cover a lot of ground. He’s a lock for FS and Carpenter at SS (if they continue to shine they are gone in 2020 for the draft)

KO was a little untrustworthy to me be a Safety, i think he would shine at Stinger.

So right now have next year defense being

DE: Owen
NT: Adams
DE: Martin/Griffin/Dingle (depends what side Owens play)
SLB: Thomas
MLB: BJS (rather WLB)
WLB: Quez
STINGER: KO
CB: Swilling
CB: Kerr/Walton/King ( i like Walton a lot)
FS: JT
SS: Carpenter

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Has Quez been out there? I feel like I heard his name in the pre-season and early season but haven’t really heard much from him as of late.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
JT long strides cover a lot of ground. He’s a lock for FS and Carpenter at SS (if they continue to shine they are gone in 2020 for the draft)

KO was a little untrustworthy to me be a Safety, i think he would shine at Stinger.

I really like that defense. It wouldn't surprise me to see Curry start though.

slugboy

Staff member

I like how Adams and Carpenter play.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck

I'll be interested on KO. I'm pretty sure he really wanted to be a S, even though I think his better future would be as a LB.

Will also be interested to see who we bring in at MLB. Potential for a True Freshman to step up. We've also got some guys that have disappeared at this position.

Also agree on Walton. He shows a lot of potential at Corner. I'm almost more excited to see the guys who haven't been trained to bail for 3+ years at this position.

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
Can Glanton help the DL next year? Haven't heard much about him this year. Is he a candidate to leave early since he redshirted?

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Word is his transition hasn’t been the smoothest which is surprising bc i thought his quickness would be ideal for this defense

He’s been one of the first ones off the bench at the two end spots. I think Owens is probably 1st and Glanton is 2nd. Seems as though he’s gotten decent playing time this year. I think he is behind Branch, so PT would be hard to come by. I imagine he will start next year.