Film Room Def. Breakdown vs. BG

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Week 4 and there are still mistakes being made that you would expect to be cleaned up by now. BG did a good job spacing us out and tested our athleticism. Carpenter and ASA continue to jump off the screen and shine in the new defense and Curry has be steady at WLB. Need some of the coverage miss communication to be cleaned at any chance of becoming bowl eligible

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Their QB tore us apart with those quick releases. Coverage is too soft, and if they're going to pass that quickly then the delayed blitzes are of little use.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You know i wonder if maybe Curry should be SLB and brant shouldn't be rotating at Jack with anree, vic alexander could probably play the wlb decently. I don't know we just have a damn MLB problem right now.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Ibeeballin,

Do you think there a lack of feedback coming from the players as to how hard it is to see the guy signalling in the play ? It seems that after two or three missed sets the players would start complaining that they cannot find the signal caller on the sideline. Seems like a easy fix.

But overall it looks like this is coming back to FB IQ. I think i'm correct when I say "stop looking into the backfield" is a common statement from coaches to corners and safeties isn't it ? Is this as simple as they are young and cant break old tendencies ?

Ibeeballin,

Do you think there a lack of feedback coming from the players as to how hard it is to see the guy signalling in the play ? It seems that after two or three missed sets the players would start complaining that they cannot find the signal caller on the sideline. Seems like a easy fix.

But overall it looks like this is coming back to FB IQ. I think i'm correct when I say "stop looking into the backfield" is a common statement from coaches to corners and safeties isn't it ? Is this as simple as they are young and cant break old tendencies ?
I don't know if breaking old tendencies is universally the case, but it's definitely the case in some instances (wrapping up, simple tackling, for two).

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
The MLB play was a problem under Roof also, it looks like they are having a problem reading the opening holes during the play. Pre snap they have a responsibility and they look as if they are going to that gap regardless of how many OL and DL players are in it. The RB cant run to a closed gap filled with players so they jump to the open hole which is where our LBs would be flowing to by recognition DURING the developing play, but our LB's get stuck in the mass of players who are in the gap they were suppose to fill pre snap.

Is that talent or FB IQ ?

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed your tin foil hat moment as well. Get that man a pink, sparkly shirt!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The MLB play was a problem under Roof also, it looks like they are having a problem reading the opening holes during the play. Pre snap they have a responsibility and they look as if they are going to that gap regardless of how many OL and DL players are in it. The RB cant run to a closed gap filled with players so they jump to the open hole which is where our LBs would be flowing to by recognition DURING the developing play, but our LB's get stuck in the mass of players who are in the gap they were suppose to fill pre snap.

Is that talent or FB IQ ?

I would think so

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, to answer your solicitation of requests, I'd love to hear what we've improved upon for each week. I'm assuming there at least some things we are getting better at!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Thanks for these breakdowns and all the work you put into them @Ibeeballin.

I like the first half focus as that shows how prepared we are at the start of games. At the risk of asking for more more more. If you could provide some insights into halftime corrections you see and their effectiveness (if /when that even applies) that would be awesome. No need to add more videos...just your commentary on any that you notice.

Thx again for these breakdowns.