Dedrick out for Duke

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
And he was right. By the time the end of the third came around I was yelling for Allen at the top of my lungs. And when he came in he did very well on both blocking and running. Personally, I think he may have won the #2 job (or maybe #1 if Mills still can't play) today, despite MM's long run.

He's been unfortunate. Too many position changes and health issues. When he's healthy he's probably the most physically talented player we have at the position, up to and including Mills. But there's no question where the future is. I think he'll have more chances going forward, however.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I saw at least one play where Allen whiffed on the DE breaking hard. JT got the throw off, but took a weird hit. MA looked lost on that play. I also thought he came into the line high on the 4 down play. He needed to lower his shoulders and get the yard. Other than that, I didn't notice anything noticable (including fumbles).

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw at least one play where Allen whiffed on the DE breaking hard. JT got the throw off, but took a weird hit. MA looked lost on that play. I also thought he came into the line high on the 4 down play. He needed to lower his shoulders and get the yard. Other than that, I didn't notice anything noticable (including fumbles).

Yes his pads where too high for sure on the 4th and 1 play. I am grateful that play and MM didn't cost us the game.