David Cutcliffe...

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
How many receivers not quarterbacks had he put in the league, enough said stick to qb evaluations and leave the receivers to gt

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think you have to give credit to Coach Buzz Preston. He really has developed some very good receivers here at Tech. I think he is one of those guys that really builds character in these young men as well. He is a humble guy and he keeps his men humble as well. He is really doing a great job and we are blessed to have him

Go Jackets!

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The Yellow Jackets were one of only three teams to have two wide receivers drafted, joining Ohio State and Missouri.
Technically, Missouri only had one drafted because they'd kicked Dorial Beckham-Green off the team prior to the 2014 season. Since he wound up not playing due to transfer rules, he's credited to Missouri in draft stats even though he was at Oklahoma.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Technically, Missouri only had one drafted because they'd kicked Dorial Beckham-Green off the team prior to the 2014 season. Since he wound up not playing due to transfer rules, he's credited to Missouri in draft stats even though he was at Oklahoma.

Bottom line is that none of the other teams listed with us are Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, or Southern Cal, which are all trying to claim the moniker of "Wide Receiver U". ;)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line is that none of the other teams listed with us are Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, or Southern Cal, which are all trying to claim the moniker of "Wide Receiver U". ;)

I will take calvin and bebe and put those two up against any other schools two at any same time in the past 20 years and win. GT is WRU now. I can't think of another 2 guys playing at the same time out of the same school that are arguably the best 2 WR in the NFL, one a sure fire hall of famer and maybe the best ever and the other on his way to having a Hall career too.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't it be wide receiver I?

Yeah, I don't think their are any other claimants to that title, and I don't think it's even close. Maybe you should tweet that. Maybe you could get #WideRxI trending (except, if you recognize Rx as an abbreviation for receiver, you probably already know ...) Oh well.

PS, even though I know your font is pronounced Buzz Their Azz (and I've heard many drunks at home games shouting that), I still see Buzz The Irazz first. weird

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck

I saw that about Clemson. The DeShaun Watson love fest was starting to get out of hand for me, but adding on the Wide Receiver U campaign proved to be too much. There was a self-promoted thread on Reddit about it recently that pushed me over the edge.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I will take calvin and bebe and put those two up against any other schools two at any same time in the past 20 years and win. GT is WRU now. I can't think of another 2 guys playing at the same time out of the same school that are arguably the best 2 WR in the NFL, one a sure fire hall of famer and maybe the best ever and the other on his way to having a Hall career too.
I am really anticipating the NFL season for just one reason, since I think they have great players and a bad game: Calvin Johnson's comeback from injuries. (And maybe some light will go off in Detroit and they will stop using him as their primary possession receiver, over the middle. That's like entering the demolition derby and driving your Mercedes.)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
PS, even though I know your font is pronounced Buzz Their Azz (and I've heard many drunks at home games shouting that), I still see Buzz The Irazz first. weird

So wait, ... we're saying it's not Buzz The Irazz? News to me. :D

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I lost a lot of respect for Cutcliffe when I saw that interview last summer. It's one thing to say stuff like that in living rooms, but to try and leverage the fact that Demaryius chooses to work out with Peyton Manning over the summer at Duke and discredit DT's development while at GT is just desperate. I've never heard CPJ ever try to say anything negative about another staff or school.

Always thought Cutcliffe held himself to a higher standard than that. Guess I was wrong.