Dartmouth

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I like the quick hook for Hurter there. 2 2/3 innings for Hurter...no reason to push it. Threw a lot of strikes. Dartmouth had no problem getting bat on ball, though.

Jake Lee coming in... I like that too.

UPDATE: 3 pitch K for Lee to end the inning. Hurter gives up 2ER in 2 2/3 and leaves with a 6-2 lead.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Now Jake Lee looks hittable. HR and single to start the 4th. With the wind blowing out, this is shaping up to be one of those 13-8 type games

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In fact, Hurter not yielding a HR might turn out to be the highlight on the mound. Everyone else has.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t like that we failed to get Tristen in from 3rd with 1 out...but his triple scored 2 to restore our lead at 8-4.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Not overly impressed with our pitching today. Good news....,we ARE throwing strikes. Bad news... an IvyLeague team has touched us for 12 hits in 5 2/3 innings. I guess we wanted this. But we do look thin on the mound. Not real confidant in the other arms out there .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And BOOM, Gibson gives up a single and a 3 run dinger. Dartmouth now up 9-8. Our pitching SUCKS! 14 hits in 6 innings.

Hall has better move Thomas into weekend rotation for this team to have a chance. Because the other pitchers seem to have....well, nothing. Hurter continues to look like he might have the best line of the day on the mound.

Quite disappointed in the pitching.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Ok, this team is frustrating to watch. Lead off double and we cannot execute a simple bunt to move him over.

Team doesn’t execute fundamentals on offense.

However this game ends, in a win or loss, this is NOT a solid looking team to me.

Only good news is defense has been solid.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Are batters no longer taught to hit behind the runner on base, or is it just a skill that is no longer needed?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We WIN Game 1. Was not pretty. Give the offense and Datoc the win. The rest of the pitching staff owes Datoc a weeks worth of Ramon noodles for a perfect 2 innings in what was a 1-run game when he entered. That's his job and he did it to perfection.

FWIW... CDH made it pretty clear in the pre-game interview that starting freshmen today (Hurter and Chapman) was not an indication they were "auditioning" for a weekend starting spot. He wanted them to get some innings and show what they have. IMO he thought Dartmouth was the only weekend on the schedule to do this with the least amount of risk... He ended up being right (for Game 1... Game 1 TBD)... as the offense bailed out the pitching staff.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
No errors and only 1 walk. Again, it is incredible what happens when we don't beat ourselves. I like Hurter so far and would like to see him pitch more. I thought that he did ok for his first start. Lee is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. This was Gibson's first bad inning and he came back with a strong inning after that so I still have a lot of confidence in him. Datoc was outstanding. We need Carpenter to come back and compliment him as the late inning guys in the pen.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
No errors and only 1 walk. Again, it is incredible what happens when we don't beat ourselves. I like Hurter so far and would like to see him pitch more. I thought that he did ok for his first start. Lee is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. This was Gibson's first bad inning and he came back with a strong inning after that so I still have a lot of confidence in him. Datoc was outstanding. We need Carpenter to come back and compliment him as the late inning guys in the pen.
I forgot to have that in the summary of Friday's pre-game with CDH. He said Carpenter is "close" ...he pitch a simulated session this week & seemed to come out of it in good shape.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Chapman pitched really well in the first considering the first two hits were seeing eye hits (single and double).

Then fielder's choice, STRIKE OUT and ground out. Nice nice poise. A lot of pitches (21) but 16 were strikes.

Only down 1-0 coming to B1.