Darren Waller Drunk and High on Sidelines vs Wofford 2014

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Well, you obviously didn't watch the video and just made assumptions off the title then. Well done.

Couldn't watch the video. My work (US Govt) computer where I was at the time blocks twitter. I was operating off the thread title from the poster who created the thread. MAYBE that poster should have posted a correct thread title?

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Couldn't watch the video. My work (US Govt) computer where I was at the time blocks twitter. I was operating off the thread title from the poster who created the thread. MAYBE that poster should have posted a correct thread title?
Sure, but to start commenting on something without looking at the source material (especially if you are part of the US govt) is something you should know better than. And then to start saying he’s “embellishing”? Cmon man

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Sure, but to start commenting on something without looking at the source material (especially if you are part of the US govt) is something you should know better than. And then to start saying he’s “embellishing”? Cmon man

When the TITLE of the THREAD was "Darren Waller Played High and Drunk Against Wofford and a video link is provided it's usually a safe bet. I pointed out that he was suspended for that game and my contention was that IF he said that then he was embellishing. That was and is a true statement. Since the mods were able to correct the thread title to accurately portray the comment from the video, my other point stands. No one is really bashing Waller, nor should they be.

DW wasted 3 1/2 of his seasons here at GT. He was one strike away from being booted from the team. Everyone knew what the issues were. He almost wasted all his talent through his substance abuse. Almost. He will forever be remembered at GT for how he finished. When Smelter went down, Waller stepped up. He was a difference maker in those last two games, and he parlayed that into a draft pick and a shot at an NFL career. Then, he attempted to throw that away as well. But fortunately for him, his immense talent bought him another chance. He has since taken that opportunity to shine, and for that I applaud him. I've always said it's not how you start but how you finish. Waller is proving that. But if he was bagging groceries for a living and staying sober, most here would only focus on the fact that he wasted his talent, not that he was finishing well. His staying sober is a win whether or not he ever plays another down of football.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
For the record he was 100% drunk for that game lol.

I remember him getting a sideline warning that game I think for celebrating past the numbers with guys while drunk as a skunk, if my memory is correct

bikeseat

GT Athlete
I think hes embellishing a little here.... for one, suspended or not, if his *** showed up drunk and pilled out I think it's safe to assume CPJ probably would've kicked him off the team on the spot. Did he drink, yeah probably but dude was not loaded like he describes.

This is just not true. Probably why folks shouldn’t blindly speculate!

Milwaukee

Banned
For the record he was 100% drunk for that game lol.

I remember him getting a sideline warning that game I think for celebrating past the numbers with guys while drunk as a skunk, if my memory is correct

Did the coaches not notice he was “drunk as a skunk” that day? Only a few players noticed? Weird story all around.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. He was suspended for that game.

Georgia Tech senior wide receiver Darren Waller has been suspended for the first two games of the 2014 season for a violation of team rules, head coach Paul Johnson said Friday afternoon.

Waller played in 12 games last season with four starts. He had 17 receptions for 367 yards and three touchdowns, including a 72-yard TD reception against Ole Miss in the Franklin Mortgage Music City Bowl. For his career, Waller has played in 38 games with 25 receptions for 529 yards.

Georgia Tech's first two games of the season come against Wofford (Aug. 30) and Tulane (Sept. 6 in New Orleans).

-RamblinWreck.com
What? Are you suggesting he was making crap up? Good get.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Did the coaches not notice he was “drunk as a skunk” that day? Only a few players noticed? Weird story all around.
How could a coach notice? There's only 10 of them on the sidelines after all, hardly enough to actually see anything. (Why do we tap dance around the real issue? The guy was a doper and now is a liar. The former he has apparently beaten, The latter is at full throttle.)

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I sped through the first half of this game. The three times I saw #88, he was cheering on his teammates (you have to look closely). Man, we've lost some good players over the years.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
How could a coach notice? There's only 10 of them on the sidelines after all, hardly enough to actually see anything. (Why do we tap dance around the real issue? The guy was a doper and now is a liar. The former he has apparently beaten, The latter is at full throttle.)

What the hell is he lying about? Please actually either watch the linked video or read through the thread and you’ll realize HE NEVER SAID HE PLAYED IN THAT GAME. Your sanctimonious attitude is entirely unhelpful or unneeded here.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Coming from someone who probably never played. If the asst. didn’t notice, the entire strength staff who is on there, controlling the sideline definitely noticed

He hid it well too.

It so funny people think GT is this holier than thou place that allows you guys to sit on your high-horse and thumb you nose at UGAs of the world. Let’s not forget, this the same group that had worldstar video and bunch of kids kicked out the previous season for misconduct

Attachments

• 1312B06F-ED3C-40E0-B63B-8BCDC13A998E.jpeg
    1312B06F-ED3C-40E0-B63B-8BCDC13A998E.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 86

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It so funny people think GT is this holier than thou place that allows you guys to sit on your high-horse and thumb you nose at UGAs of the world. Let’s not forget, this the same group that had worldstar video and bunch of kids kicked out the previous season for misconduct

Out of sheer curiosity, and not to discredit anything you are saying, but is it truly your assertion that we are no different than uga or other factories?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Not as different as many want to think or believe.
Exactly.
Our coaches curse at players. Our plays also curse. They party. They cut up. They fight.
The players/students at georgia tech are kids and young adults. Not perfect cut from cloth elite people...like some are around here.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Not as different as many want to think or believe.

Please bear with me. Are you saying that the players in general are the same or that the programs are effectively no different? I'm honestly trying to understand exactly what you are saying here. I get that all our players are human, prone to mistakes, but I'd like to think that our history says we've had far fewer issues than most P5 programs. I'm not one to use the term thug, and I am well aware that there are great students that matriculate at uga, but it would seem that we deal with far fewer problem athletes than uga and most other factories. While I can understand that any sport will have its share of troubled athletes, I'm not sure what I'd think if you told me there was no discernable difference between the uga and GT programs except the amount of wins.