Danny Borrell our new pitching coach

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
why leave the yankees for tech? i cant imagine it being a money issue. sure hope this helps.

now if we can straighten out the recruiting of our basketball team

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
why leave the yankees for tech? i cant imagine it being a money issue. sure hope this helps.

now if we can straighten out the recruiting of our basketball team
One reason would be aspirations of being a HEAD COACH of a premier D1 baseball program that has an aging coach who's nearing retirement... at a school that is in early years with a young AD who's showing signs he knows what he's doing. :)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One reason would be aspirations of being a HEAD COACH of a premier D1 baseball program that has an aging coach who's nearing retirement... at a school that is in early years with a young AD who's showing signs he knows what he's doing. :)

You're way ahead of me. I like Ramsey, unless Burrell shows out better. I don't think both will be here long after Hall is gone.

I'm irrationally hoping that we won't overuse our pitchers as much and develop more of them.

For football, looks like we'll see a lot more QB rotation. All that took was a regime change.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I think both had wives who wanted to live in Atlanta. . I think Ramsey will be our next Head Coach, and Borrell will stay as Pitching Coach. If you kept up with things, it was noted that Ramsey was involved on the search for the Pitching Coach.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You're way ahead of me. I like Ramsey, unless Burrell shows out better. I don't think both will be here long after Hall is gone.

I'm irrationally hoping that we won't overuse our pitchers as much and develop more of them.

For football, looks like we'll see a lot more QB rotation. All that took was a regime change.
If not obvious... complete speculation or knee jerk response by me. Take your pick. Also... as you alluded, he has NO college/GT coaching track record, yet. That'll play out over a few seasons.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Dannel Borrell's segment starts around 19:00 mark. He ends it with specific info/evals on Hughes, Roedig, Bartnicki. I (we?) am definitely suffering from "nogames-itis"... this affliction will make you fall in love with words and believe anything new/different will only result in great things. First step is recognizing I have this problem.

https://ramblinwreck.com/podcast-from-the-flats-episode-32/

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dannel Borrell's segment starts around 19:00 mark. He ends it with specific info/evals on Hughes, Roedig, Bartnicki. I (we?) am definitely suffering from "nogames-itis"... this affliction will make you fall in love with words and believe anything new/different will only result in great things. First step is recognizing I have this problem.

https://ramblinwreck.com/podcast-from-the-flats-episode-32/

The problem Charlie (Brown) is that you keep trying to kick the ball. Thanks for the link.

Love listening to Wiley. Also Borrell called us the Insitute. (y) Sounds like we are catching up with the technology - next need to lead it.

Since we are undefeated, I'm optimistic too. Everyone is getting better, we have to get better faster.