Da U

How Many Games Will GT Win Against Miami?

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 11 36.7%

Votes: 13 43.3%

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
It was great having silence for the obnoxious Da U fans. Also, nice to see all the green and orange leaving the stadium very early. I don't know what the heck their colors are based on their uni's. Ugly!
Are the Russell unis? [emoji6] [emoji47]

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Was a great game to be at last night. First time I've seen Gold in person. I was impressed. Great velocity on his fastball and great command of the strike zone. Their starting pitcher had a decent breaking ball, but our guys were all over his fastball, lots of balls put in play last night. It was awesome seeing DA U contingent piling out about the 7th inning.

I was expecting a lot tighter game, but that was a butt whooping. Pabst had a great game last night at the plate, delivered multiple times with guys on base. Miami's catcher is a player. The guy is hitting over .400 on the season and he is excellent behind the plate with a really good arm. He will be a high draft pick.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We share the lead in D1Baseball's "ten Thoughts About Saturday" column, with a picture of Kel at the top...

http://www.d1baseball.com/roundup/ten-thoughts-saturday-may-7/

They say we're "surging".....let's hope we continue to uphold that word the rest of this series.

I subscribed to D1Baseball a month ago and it is really good. PerfectGame is a waste - they have had like 2 articles on GT in three years. So other than getting stats once a year, I'll dump them before the month is out ......

I'll be the dark cloud again. We had our ace pitch yesterday (and he was hurting at the end). Today we have ........ a GT grad pitching (I'm being positive).

As Gold said after the game, Gonzo's throw from the outfield to throw out the Miami player trying to score from second was probably the biggest play of the game. Got us out of the inning with no runs in the first after giving up a walk and two singles. That combination (walk followed by two singles) almost always scores a runner. After the first, Gold really settled down till the third when Miami left the bases loaded with no runs scored. So we were fortunate yesterday. I don't expect the same today.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Maybe today will be the game where Pitts rewards Hall's confidence in him with a strong performance! Maybe all he needed was to get that degree and now has head is clear and he can perform!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe today will be the game where Pitts rewards Hall's confidence in him with a strong performance! Maybe all he needed was to get that degree and now has head is clear and he can perform!

Pitts only has an 18 ERA after 1. 2 walks and gave up 2 singles. Hall must not want to win this game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hall waited till Pitts had an 27.0 ERA for the game before he pulled him. I guess it just takes a while to know when the pitcher can't get it done. How hard is it to go to another pitcher? Any damn Fr would be better to start than Pitts.

1-6 T3 no outs.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Hall waited till Pitts had an 27.0 ERA for the game before he pulled him. I guess it just takes a while to know when the pitcher can't get it done. How hard is it to go to another pitcher? Any damn Fr would be better to start than Pitts.

1-6 T3 no outs.
I agree. I know Pitts is giving his all, but it is the same story essentially every outing. Why does CDH expect anything different?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree. I know Pitts is giving his all, but it is the same story essentially every outing. Why does CDH expect anything different?

I think Pitts is doing his best. I could never run five minute miles even though I gave it my best. My criticism is entirely on Hall not pitching the best starters week after week. I hoped Pitts would do better, but Hall failed to put the team first.

Tomorrow we have a better shot with Lee starting. Winning the series would be great.

We will finish between -8 and +8 in the ACC; only the difference between ..........

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Stop me if you've heard this one before. Cole Pitts starts, can't really locate well, gives up walks and hits, get knocked out early after giving up a half dozen runs, and GT winds up losing. Rinse and repeat a week later.

Not blaming Pitts, blaming Hall. I have NO idea why he keeps trotting Pitts out there, but if he isn't relegated to the back end of the bullpen, then Hall has list my confidence. (Not that he gives a damn what I think)

It is just SO predictable what will happen when he starts Pitts.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Because of our pitching depth..

At the strategic level, I agree Hall is limited by the depth of our pitching for a three game series. It's at the tactical level of who he uses at starters that drives me crazy. Maybe Parr is hurt and couldn't start.

Lee today with Parr for mid relief (maybe) and Gorst to close should give us a better chance.

Looking ahead to next year, pitching depth should be better. I think Gibson is going to be good. Plus replacing Gold (draft assumption) with Hughes and English will give more depth. Dulaney and Lee are shaping up nicely. Carpenter and Gauvreau have flashes.

I should have said we are going to finish between -7 and +7 since we are at 500 in the ACC with 7 games to go. Two more wins in the next 7 games and we are probably in the ACC tourney.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hall just said Dulaney has the flu and sent home. Balls.

All Lee has to do is throw strikes (duh). Gorst may pitch early with Parr and Carpenter too after Lee. So Parr is apparently ok which is good but doesn't explain why he didn't start yesterday.

Bill Curry on WREK tonight. I think I'll hang there since I don't want to pick up the SEC Network to get ESPNU.

Last edited: