Da U

How Many Games Will GT Win Against Miami?

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 11 36.7%

Votes: 13 43.3%

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok, it's been a long week without baseball. Even the Cinco de Mayo beer isn't as good.

Interesting D1Baseball take on our game. 3 of the 7 people picking on their staff picked us to win the series. As they say, familiarity breeds contempt........ so with that I put in this poll.

In an article, it was pointed out that we have a potent offense and Miami has only played 9 games on the road this year. Including 3 @ VT & 3 @ Duke. I didn't believe it, but here is their schedule / record. http://www.d1baseball.com/schools/miamifl.htm

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In the next three weeks, we can end up between +9 in the ACC, with a probable super regional hosting, or -9 in the ACC, with no tournaments.

Wish I could go to some of the games; I'm going to try to get to a UVa game next weekend.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In the next three weeks, we can end up between +9 in the ACC, with a probable super regional hosting, or -9 in the ACC, with no tournaments.

Wish I could go to some of the games; I'm going to try to get to a UVa game next weekend.
6-3 would be a good way to finish the ACC. Need to get at least 1 win this weekend, 2 would be really nice, 3 would be awesome.

UVA series is at UVA.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I need to see the pitching stay steady against ACC foes. The Clemson series was pretty good, the Coastal series was better, but that's not ACC caliber hitting (imho only, of course).

Miami always seems to have the pitching. Good pitching usually beats good hitting. (Yogi Berra told me so!) So until I see our pitching stay consistently better (especially on the walks/hit batsmen) I am saying Miami wins the series but we win 1 game.

I remain more worried about the road series with UVa, who is the hottest team in the league right now. The only good news is their wins recently have all been close...so they are not crushing people...but they are finding ways to win. (They beat Miami in Miami 2 out of 3)

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I have us winning a game this weekend. Miami is better than us. They're really freaking good. Anything more than that will be gravy in my eyes.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If we get pitching we have a good chance to win the series. We should have the bats to score enough runs if we can keep the 'Canes to 5 or less runs per game.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Three weeks left to play
Chy0HF4W0AAGXQX.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/050616aab.html

Gold, Pitts and Jake Lee get the starts this weekend. I will be taking bets right now that Pitts doesn't last 4 innings and we lose the 2nd game. Still don't know why we wouldn't throw out one the frosh in this situation......

God why does Hall keep throwing Pitts in there? ERA up to 6.23 and 2-3 record (on a team which is 30-14). I'd give Pitts a median expectation of lasting sometime into the third based on recent performance. Hope I'm wrong.

BTW, congratulations to Cole on graduating today along with Wiseman and Wruble. It's why you go to GT - to get the education. (Pithier than it sounds.)

Anyway, tonight is the game we need to win to get off to a good start. Plus looking at the pitching ERAs differential, Gold is our ace against their weakest:
Gold -2.52 (=2.36-4.88)
Pitts +2.97
Lee +2.18

I do like Hall's strategy of having Gold start on Friday while a lot of teams put their ace out there on Sunday. Too bad we don't have King and Hughes to follow up Gold!

Is Hughes playing summer ball? I would guess not. I'll start a thread on summer ball once I see something on Beesball.com or where ever.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Does anyone know if we still have any good vibes about English pitching in the future? He was supposed to be better than Hughes.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Think Hughes is out until the fall. Not real sure on English, I don't think he will pitch this year any, but they are hoping he will be able to next year---still not sure what is wrong. I know he had some "dead arm" last year in HS which caused him to miss a month or so pitching.

Tomorrow will be the P and P combo with Pitts and Parr. I'd expect the other relief pitchers we will see are Dulaney, Ryan, and Gorst. After that would be Carpenter and Gibson.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I am taking my wife down to the game tonight. First time down to tech baseball game in about 10 years. Hopefully Gold pitches well and we put up a good performance!

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that's wrong. The tech website has that score up for some reason but the game isn't until 7. It's the coastal Carolina score from last week. Weird.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think that's wrong. The tech website has that score up for some reason but the game isn't until 7. It's the coastal Carolina score from last week. Weird.

Thanks. I thought it odd, and posted during a boring commencement ceremony without looking into it further. You're right that I just took it from ramblinwreck.com.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I thought it odd, and posted during a boring commencement ceremony without looking into it further. You're right that I just took it from ramblinwreck.com.
I thought you were predicting the score. lol I have a good friend of mine who was a part of the Da U baseball team a while back thinks we are going to win the series. I hope he's right.