Custis, Hunt-Days not eligible for ’14 football season

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, I guess we've answered the question about why Griffin left as he did.

Griffin was responsible for player development or making sure guys stayed on track.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
What's very sadly ironic is I just read the leaked scouting report on Manziel by the Patriots and I was chuckling at this line:
Knows how to scheme the system, arrogant and full of himself, but he’s not smug to coaches. Has been like this since Day 1, has never gone to class, goes to beat of own drum, but has ultimate confidence.

Perhaps the scouting report is exaggerating a bit but regardless, I don't know how we can compete with that.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
dang, if we were only going to get one semester out of custis we should have talked him into sitting out until this fall.... I'm about all out of hope... just damn1!!

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly guys we all know that this offense goes as the QB does. We've got an electric "starter" in JT and a great "backup maybe starter" in Timmy. Ya it sucks we lost Custis, but he should've been taking care of business. Not worried about lack of offensive production this offense goes as the QB goes period.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I think he should have gone to GMC instead of sitting out an entire year LAST season. That would have gotten him prepared for GT academically and kept him in football shape. It's hard enough to go from HS to getting thrown into the academics of GT.

Like another poster said, I highly doubt we ever see Custis take a meaningful snap at GT. I think he goes to GMC and gets academically qualified for another college. Seeing first hand how much work is involved and having to get qualified for the 2nd time may be too much.

JHD...smh. Dude has been here for 3 years. He knows better.

Man, lots of bad juju around the program. I'm sure it's just all coincidence, but man it's rough when the hits keep coming one after another.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Honestly guys we all know that this offense goes as the QB does. We've got an electric "starter" in JT and a great "backup maybe starter" in Timmy. Ya it sucks we lost Custis, but he should've been taking care of business. Not worried about lack of offensive production this offense goes as the QB goes period.
I'm as optimistic as it comes but this is a huge blow.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
A big blow to not only our B back depth this year but the future as well.

Next year we have Wilson as the only returning B back...guess Snoddy has to move back.

Well hope Laskey stays healthy and is ready to carry the load!

Wilson isn't ready but he could be forced to be.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The less threats on the field make it a lot easier on the defense though. Lining up less playmakers is not going to take our offense up a notch.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Next year we have Wilson as the only returning B back...guess Snoddy has to move back.

Leggett said the coaches would play him at both AB and BB. BB may be calling him sooner rather than later now.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I've never seen Wilson, but everything I've heard makes him sound a lot like PJ Daniels. That sure would be nice at Bback.