Custis, Hunt-Days not eligible for ’14 football season

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think Donovan Wilson will surprise a lot you.

He's not explosive in short spaces and doesn't have the lateral quickness that Custis does, but he's a big body that can be a brusier type BB that CPJ use to have at Navy. I think he's still a year away from being a big impact, but that's not an option now.

BB is going to be a mess in 2015 unless we recruit a stud. Wilson...maybe Leggett...maybe Snoddy...then who?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Watch what you say. I just had my reply snuffed out!!!!!
I assume you'd be surprised if I said your post was the only one that I had to remove.

If you genuinely do not understand why it was removed and genuinely want to understand, please PM me.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Techster said:

He's not explosive in short spaces and doesn't have the lateral quickness that Custis does, but he's a big body that can be a brusier type BB that CPJ use to have at Navy. I think he's still a year away from being a big impact, but that's not an option now.

BB is going to be a mess in 2015 unless we recruit a stud. Wilson...maybe Leggett...maybe Snoddy...then who?

Whoever we sign in this class then.

Suprise us how? Is he leaving , too?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Wow..
I'm sorry but something is seriously going on right now.

I guess if you count players failing classes as "something seriously going on."

I was the biggest Paul Johnson supporter when he first came to the Flats. I was saying his name two years before he even got here. I've remained loyal even through the mediocre seasons and bad losses. This is the last straw for me. I don't know why this is bothering me so bad compared to the other stuff but it does. Win now or go elsewhere. I'm done waiting and I'm done hoping next season is our year.

This one is squarely on the shoulders of the players.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I know you still believe in the guys cause Tech men support their team I was just explaining my optimism. All will be forgotten if JT shows up this year....honestly Leggett would look good at BB IMO. We've got to get Lands Davis now.
My point is since some other things gone wrong will the folks in charge get a hold on it? I am not optimistic because I think is too much indifference amongst the hill. I thought the new exceptions was going to make a big change. But if we have major flunk outs this will not work! I believe a decade or 2 ago yes, but now Ma tech has gotten to darn hard for these type of students! imho

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Just talked to someone in the Custis family...to make issues worse he said Custis passed ALL of his classes this Springs...his grades are fine.

Looks like this has something to do with the same issue as last time...kid can't catch a break.

Wait so what is the issue? Who's screwing up here? Is it his high school?

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Just talked to someone in the Custis family...to make issues worse he said Custis passed ALL of his classes this Springs...his grades are fine.

Looks like this has something to do with the same issue as last time...kid can't catch a break.
? Eric please enlighten me because I'm not super familiar with the backstory out of high school. I know his grades did not transfer or something crazy but explain please

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow

I saw the same on another site. Did specifics ever come out about his issues the first time this happened? Has this kind of thing ever happened to another player?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Or Perkins? Look, we will field a team, and we will play.
This. Everyone was so excited about Custis, but we're still talking about a back up. We all knew Laskey was going to be the main man this year unless Custis came out playing with his hair on fire. Does this hurt depth for next year and beyond? Absolutely. But now we can sell the farm to a stud running back recruit.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Last time it had to do with the NCAA Clearinghouse and one of his courses from HS.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Hmm. Something is funny.

Whatever his issues, why can't he clear them up and start the next semester. Why didn't he do it over last fall? There has been more than enough time to get it past the NCAA or the Hill or whatever he needed to do.

Something just isn't adding up.