Custis, Hunt-Days not eligible for ’14 football season

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Just saw this:

May 9, 2014

YELLOW JACKETS LOSE TWO FOR 2014
Custis, Hunt-Days not eligible for ’14 football season

THE FLATS – True freshman running back Travis Custis and junior linebacker-turned-defensive end Jabari Hunt-Days will not play football for Georgia Tech this fall.

Custis is leaving Georgia Tech for at least the 2014-15 academic year to pursue academic and athletic opportunities at Georgia Military College.

Hunt-Days will not be eligible to participate against outside competition for the 2014 season because he does not meet NCAA eligibility standards. Hunt-Days, who was a starter at linebacker in 2012 and 2013, moved to defensive end in the spring. He has played in 27 career games, recording 129 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss and two interceptions.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
What is it now.....with Custis? This is a circus with this kid. I can't imagine that he would want to come back to GT for the 3rd time? What has surfaced recently that has changed his ability to play for GT since Jan.? Anyone know what is going on?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Wow.

I mean that is some of the worst news I could have heard.

Really I'm speechless...losing Custis, just wow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Beesball will hold me over for another few weeks. Then it looks like a long dry spell.

As I said, Curtis was who I expected to be the best since JD. It sounds like he may come back, otherwise he's go to a school with no academic standards (SEC / UNC).

But I don't drive the bus on this stuff, so I'll see what we have come August.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
I mean c'mon. If you were smart enough to get into Tech even with the Hill's relaxed restrictions you should be smart enough to stay at Tech. It's also not like these guys weren't on the M Train or Public Policy either.

Sounds like a lack of discipline to me....

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I honestly don't know what to say about this one. Could this be the last time we see Custis? Whitehead better come in ready to play, but honestly look at it this way Freeman showed up big for an early enrollee this spring at DE. Luckily Laskey will be our number one guy and honestly I see him running for 1,000 yards this season. Just got to hope Wilson steps up when his number is called at BB.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
This has to be academics. I hate to be this negative, but if the guy was only at one semester and couldn't handle it, then there's no way he's going to come back. He'll just go to GMC for a year, then go play at some SEC school. Custis is gone for good IMO, and I think CPJ will be gone soon too.